These eggs will be rated on egg shape, taste, and color. Egg shape and classic Easter colors are important if you are going to call something an Easter egg shaped candy, and some of these fall flat (but they all taste good). Good luck to all the egg candies of the world, but may the best egg win. 

Cadbury Mini Eggs

chocolate, sweet, candy, egg
Adam Weinreb

Egg Shape: The Cadbury Mini Eggs have a reasonably strong egg shape, although consistency between the eggs could be stronger. 

Easter Coloring: The bright Easter colors are present in the mini eggs, although they could be brighter to capture the Easter spirit a little better.

Taste: I can't question the taste of Cadbury; it's just plain good. The crunch of the shell around the egg with the silky chocolate in the middle makes for a dynamite combination.

Overall Rating: 7/10 

Reeses Peanut Butter Egg

chocolate, sweet, candy
Adam Weinreb

Egg Shape: Surprisingly convincing, and consistent throughout the multiple eggs that I tested. Still not perfect, but pretty close. 

Easter Colors: So obviously the chocolate itself wont be the pastel blues and greens of Easter, but Reese's incorporates these well on its packaging alongside their classic yellow, orange, and brown wrapper. 

Taste: This is one of the best Reese's shapes, as the ratio of chocolate to peanut butter is almost perfect in this package of goodness. 

Overall Rating: 9/10

Cadbury Creme Egg

chocolate, birthday cake, cake
Adam Weinreb

Egg Shape: The best egg shape out of all the candies, by far. It is actually rounded all the way around, and when compared next to an actual egg appeared almost the same shape. 

Easter Colors: Once again, the bright colors on the wrapper aren't the classic pastels, however they are bright and pop out at the eye from the shelf. 

Taste: No one can question the glory of the Cadbury Creme Egg; they seem to have mastered Easter candy. The silky smooth creme pairs beautifully with the rich chocolate and creates a (very) addicting candy egg. 

Overall Rating: 9/10

Twix Egg

butter, peanut, peanut butter, chocolate
Adam Weinreb

Egg Shape: This egg shape is decent, but leaves something to be desired. It is once again more two dimensional, and for some reason just doesn't look as convincing as other candies.

Easter Colors: The Twix wrapper here just adds some pastel blue with faint Easter eggs on it, and does not really capture the feeling of Easter like the other candies do. 

Taste: This is a fantastic egg. There is more caramel than the classic Twix, which I like with the amount cookie in the candy. Highly recommended.

Overall Rating: 6/10 

Snickers Egg

butter, chocolate
Adam Weinreb

Egg Shape: I was mad about this one, because I thought I was getting an egg-shaped Snickers, but it was actually just Snickers minis in a plastic egg. But the egg shape of the packaging was technically perfect. 

Easter Colors: Snickers only uses yellow, so although it is bright and fun, it is not well rounded on the colors of Easter. 

Taste: They are Snickers minis, they taste good. BUT. THEY. AREN'T. EGGS.

Rating: 4/10

Oreo Egg

Oreo Egg

theimpulsivebuy on Flickr

Egg Shape: Once again, the egg shape is actually rounded completely like an egg, and is extremely realistic.

Easter Colors: Not present, just the classic Oreo colors bless the labels of this egg candy (except for a tiny splash of pink). 

Taste: I did not like this egg candy. I thought the creme was sickeningly sweet compared with the outer chocolate, which created a taste that did not sit well with me. 

Overall Rating: 5/10

M&M Eggs

chocolate, candy
Adam Weinreb

Egg Shape: Very convincing egg shape candies, all the way through the bag. Each one truly looks like it could be an egg (when you strip away the colors of course).

Easter Colors: M&M's is the master of the Easter colors. Both the bag and the candies boast the bright pastel colors of Easter, and exemplify what I look for when I want Easter candy. 

Taste: I love these M&M's. The crunchy outer shell with the classic chocolate in the center just slightly surpasses the similar Cadbury Mini Eggs. Overall, you can never go wrong with M&M's.

Overall Rating: 9/10

These are my ratings from my experiences, but I encourage you to go out and eat around a little yourself. You never know what egg shaped candy could surprise you. Happy Easter everyone!