In an effort to relieve some of the economic strain put on independent businesses following the novel coronavirus pandemic, Discover has pledged to pay $25,000 to 200 black-owned restaurants across the United States. 

Julie Loeger, the Executive Vice President of Discover, expressed her support of aiding black businesses in her statement saying, "COVID-19 has wreaked havoc on businesses across the United States, and we want to help effect positive change by offering financial support to Black-owned restaurants, a segment of the economy that has been disproportionately impacted during this pandemic," but Discover wants you to get involved too.

Through their #EatItForward program, Discover has made it possible for you to nominate your favorite black-owned restaurants through social media. 

Here's how you can help your favorite black-owned restaurant:

1. Twitter:

Tweet and mention the restaurant’s name and @Discover, #EatItForward and #Sweepstakes.

2. Facebook:

Nominate a restaurant by tagging them in the comments section of a post where Discover is asking for nominations related to the $5 million commitment to black-owned restaurant program.

3. Instagram

Upload a photo taken by a user that is related to the nominated restaurant and tag @Discover, #EatItForward, #Sweepstakes and @ mention the restaurant’s Instagram account or restaurant name within the photo caption.

The voting period is open now through November 2020. You can enter these sweepstakes weekly over a 17-week period. 

In order for your restaurant to be eligible, restaurants must be at least 50% black-owned and must be located in the United States. For more guidelines, you can check out the Official Rules page.

Each restaurant that wins will receive $25,000 from Discover, with their total donation amount being 5 million dollars across 200 restaurants. 

For more information, you can go to the Discover website.