Are you a chocolate lover? Ever feel guilty after eating the whole entire bar? Me too. As a fellow chocolate lover, I completely understand the challenges of this never-ending chocolate addiction. I eat at least one piece of chocolate a day despite the fact that half the ingredients sound like they belong in my chemistry class. I mean come on now, what is calcium carbonate doing in my chocolate?! This is exactly how I fell in love with Days Off Bites.

Days Off Bites was founded by Joanna Benadrete, a certified integrative nutritionist and fellow chocolate lover. Joanna started off working in venture capital but always had a passion for food and baking. She noticed the gap in the market to have food that actually makes you feel good. This is how Days Off Bites got started. Their mission is to make the delicious chocolate that you know and love but healthier and get this... it actually tastes good!

I think we can all agree it is truly a challenge to find a healthy treat that's is both delicious AND healthy, especially with big corporations dominating the food industry. 

Hana Chalmers

While Joanna founded the company, she runs it with her sister and mom (AKA sister #4). Together, they created a successful company that fulfills the gap in the market for healthy chocolate. Days Off Bites, likewise to many small businesses, started during the pandemic.

While the rest of us were learning to make sourdough, Joanna was attempting to truly create the perfect chocolate treat. With her background in nutrition, Joanna created a chocolate delight with positive mood-boosting properties.

We all understand the struggle of feeling sick after eating an entire bar of chocolate. No judgment here... I also love to indulge in a good chocolate bar, but the sugar crashes need to stop. This is exactly how Days Off Bites was born. Joanna created delicious chocolate bites of goodness without involving  sugar crashes, stomach aches, and unpronounceable ingredient lists. Despite a few challenges along the way such as supply chain issues, Days Off Bites has successfully created a chocolate empire.

Their chocolates are vegan, organic, non-GMO, paleo, and have zero refined sugars. What more could you ask for? Also, their chocolates have superfood ingredients with mood-boosting properties. Each flavor has a different superfood that targets different bodily functions. For example, Zen Zone targets stress through the inclusion of a superfood called Ashwagandha. Ashwagandha has stress-relieving and calming properties that help to combat any stress you may be feel. This is just one of the many flavors that can help improve your life, while also indulging in a delicious treat. 

In the future, Days Off Bites hopes to come out with more products with additional superfood benefits. Keep an eye out so you don't miss out on any new and exciting flavors! Check out their Instagram to keep updated on all things Days Off Bites.

I can't wait to see what's to come for Days Off Bites, and hopefully you are too!