There is no better way to start a weekend than by going to the Dane County Farmer's Market. That being said, going to the farmer's market can be overwhelming when you have too many choices.

There are several different kinds of baked goods, from scones and muffins to breads and doughnuts. We've rounded out the best of each category so all you have to worry about is making it to the market after a fun Friday night.

Sweet Breads: Pecan Roll from Stella's Bakery 

Madeleine Platten

Stella's might be known for their cheesy bread, but the baked goods shouldn't be overlooked. The Pecan Roll is a fully sweet dough covered in a thick layer of carmel glaze and covered with pecans. Tip: grab some napkins because this is messy.

Scone: The Red Eye from The Silly Yak Bakery 

Madeleine Platten

The Red Eye is a coffee chocolate chip scone with an espresso glaze, i.e. the coffee lovers dream. The scone is one of the best deals. For $2.50, you can get a scone that is twice as big as any others on the square.

Bread: Sourdough from Madison Sourdough 

Madeleine Platten

The sourdough bread here has a thick hearty crust that is great for sandwiches and toasts. The bread is more flavorful than anything found in grocery stores.

Doughnut: Apple Fritter from Farm Pride Bakery

Madeleine Platten

A thick glaze, apple chunks, and swirls of cinnamon come together to make an amazing apple fritter. If you are looking for a deal, you can't go wrong at this stand since everything is either $2 or $3. 

Dessert: Apple Crumb Pie from Pilgrim's Pantry

Nothing says fall more than a slice (or whole) apple pie. The apple crumb pie from Pilgrim's Pantry is amazing.  It is filled with cinnamon apples and is covered with a pile of crumbs of pastry. Warmed up for a couple seconds, this makes for the perfect fall dessert.

Now all you have to do is get some cash and make your way over to the Dane County Farmer's Market. Bring a bag with you, so you can get a couple different baked goods for breakfast throughout the week. When you have the best farmer's market in the state at your back door, it would be a shame not to make the most of it.