Brace yourselves, for the new "Jurassic World" movie is hitting theaters this Friday, June 22. In preparation of the premiere, Dairy Queen teamed up with the beloved franchise again to make the ultimate Jurassic Chomp Blizzard. And we all know that ice cream and summer go hand in hand, so this couldn't have come at a better time. 

The Jurassic Chomp is the Blizzard of the Month for June and is said to have "colossal choco dipped peanut butter bites and fudge topping blended with creamy DQ vanilla soft serve,"  according to DQ's website. Not to mention, they'll be serving the Blizzard in adorable "Jurassic World"-themed cups, with designs varying from size to size. It's close in similarity to their 2015 Jurassic Smash Blizzard in regards to the peanut butter and chocolate mix, but this time around, they made it more basic by changing the ingredients and only using three components instead of five (less is more, amirite?).

Naturally, I had to get my hands on one of these new Blizzards. I'm a sucker for anything with peanut butter or chocolate. That, and I never got the chance to try their Jurassic Smash Blizzard (bummer). I don't know what it is about dinosaurs that remind people of peanut butter and chocolate, but I was determined to find out for myself.

First Impressions

Bre Larranaga

When I got to DQ, I ordered a medium Jurassic Chomp Blizzard that cost me $5.13 (tax included). It's a little pricey for ice cream in my opinion, but it's a promo item, so I get it. Plus, it only took the employee a couple minutes to make it.

After she did the Blizzard test (holding it upside down) and handed it to me, I swear I could hear the "Jurassic Park" theme song starting to go off in my head. You know the part of the song where Sam Neill starts to look up, they zoom into the dinosaurs, and then the drop hits. It felt just like that moment in the movie. Also, maybe it was me just being dramatic, but I loved seeing the "Jurassic World" logo and the cup design so much. 

Anyway, once I looked at the Blizzard by itself, I wasn't too happy to see that there weren't any "colossal" chocolate dipped peanut butter bites scattered across the top, like the promo picture. But after sinking my spoon into, it was impossible to miss the "colossal" bites. With every scoop, I found big chunks of the candy. 

The Taste Test

Bre Larranaga

When I first took a bite of the soft serve, it was sweet and creamy—the perfect blend of flavors. Having a vanilla base mixed with chocolate syrup, it helped balance out the heavier accent of the choco-dipped peanut butter bites. The candy bites alone had just the right amount of sweet and salty, and a bit of a soft crunch when you bit into it. By mixing the bites with the soft serve, it created a complementary taste to the overall blend. 

Final Thoughts

Bre Larranaga

All I can say is that the Jurassic Chomp Blizzard exceeded my expectations. It was hard not wanting to devour the whole thing in under a minute. It was perfectly blended, tasted great, and the choco-dipped peanut butter bites were the cherry on top. I would recommend anyone to try this Blizzard while you can. It's only around for a limited time, and I already know that I'll be going back for seconds.