There's nothing quite like leaving your AC chilled apartment to enter the hot, humid armpit that is outside. You know those types of days, the ones where you can feel a blanket of heat literally coat you in sweat. Ah, summer. Good times. Well the best way to cool off is arguably ice cream, and to celebrate summer's star holiday, the 4th of July, Dairy Queen is stepping it up with two new blizzards. 

Photo courtesy of Dairy Queen

For a limited time, you can try Dairy Queen's two new blizzards, the Star Spangled Blizzard and the Oreo Firework Blizzard. The Star Spangled is available starting today, and it actually packs two DQ treats in one. First, it's a blizzard with red, white and blue rock candy, but then it's topped with an extra swirl of vanilla soft serve, more blue rock candy and a DQ Stars & Stripes StarKiss Frozen Treat (aka a red, white and blue star-shaped popsicle). These are only available in the mini size and while supplies last, so go now. Like, right now. 

Photo courtesy of Dairy Queen

For the whole month of July, however, DQ will have the Oreo Firework Blizzard. It's a lot like the Firework flavor Oreo first released last summer, mixing red, white and blue popping candy with vanilla soft serve. 

Whether you're spending the week trying to leave work early (c'mon, this whole week is basically a holiday) or out on vacay, make time to get one of the most American ice cream treats out there, the blizzard.