While the chilly weather across northern parts of the US might make it a little unconvincing, tomorrow, March 20, is the first day of spring. I'm looking forward to wearing new spring jackets, greener trees, cheaper in-season asparagus, and yes, warmer temps. But until then, I'm looking forward to Dairy Queen's Free Cone Day tomorrow. 

Dairy Queen is giving away free cones tomorrow for the fourth year in a row to celebrate the first day of spring. Customers (at all participating non-mall DQ locations) can get one free small vanilla soft serve cone—a classic. 

Photo courtesy of Dairy Queen

Participating locations will also be collecting donations for local Children's Miracle Network Hospitals. According to CMNH, over 10 million children enter a children's hospital across North America each year. Unfortunately, insurance programs don't fully cover the cost of care, so the hospitals rely on donations and community support to provide the best care to as many kids as possible. 

Last year, thanks to the help of its customers, Dairy Queen donated approximately $300,000 to local hospitals. I'm sure we'd all like to see if they can beat that number this year!

If you ask me, 40 degrees outside or not, all weather is ice cream weather. So head to Dairy Queen tomorrow for a free vanilla cone to celebrate spring and consider leaving a donation.