This is not a drill. The Cheesecake factory is coming to Toronto November 21st, which means that we get to enjoy everything that The Cheesecake Factory has to offer THIS MONTH at Yorkdale Mall.

For those of us who are lactose intolerant, cheese-haters, or both (like myself), it seems almost impossible to find foods to eat at a restaurant with "cheese" in its name. After extensive research and first hand experience, I got you. Here's a list of dairy-free Cheesecake Factory options that are equally as delicious as the rest of the menu. 

1. Soy-Glazed Edamame

The perfect appetizer to share with your entire table. Make sure to order multiple orders because these babies are addictive!

2. Thai Lettuce Wraps

Chicken, veggies, and peanuts — how can you go wrong? The beauty of this dish is that you get to create your own rolls, catering to your individual taste. Bonus, no need to omit anything from this dish to ensure it's dairy-free. But remember to always tell your waiter of your allergies in case of cross-contamination.

3. Guacamole Made-to-Order (Without the Sour Cream)

Avocado. Onion. Tomato. Chiles. Cilantro. Fresh Lime. Without the sour cream that typically comes with this dish, it's safe to eat.

Word to the wise: The Cheesecake Factory doesn't have designated fryers for their dairy and non-dairy items, so the crispy tortilla chips that come with this dish may contain dairy due to cross-contamination.

4. Almost Everything Salad (Without Blue Cheese)

This salad contains everything but the kitchen sink. But like most salads at The Cheesecake Factory, there's some sort of cheese. Make sure to order this salad, as well as many others, without blue cheese to make it safe for you to eat. 

5. Vegan Cobb Salad

New to The Cheesecake Factory menu is their famous Cobb salad for our vegan and dairy-free friends since it omits the cheese. Order as is and enjoy.

6. Fish Tacos (Without the Cheese)

The Cheesecake Factory offers a variety of taco options. The fish tacos with grilled fish and the Baja chicken tacos typically contain cheese, so kindly ask your waiter to tell the chef to leave it out. However, the fryer is also used to make the Vietnamese tacos and the fish tacos with crispy tempura fish, so order at your own risk knowing there's a high chance of cross-contamination, as mentioned before. 

7. Glamburgers (Without Cheese)

Most burgers offered at The Cheesecake Factory have the potential to be dairy-free, as long as you omit the cheese and ask your waiter what bun the burger is on and whether it contains any dairy. 

8. Fire-Roasted Fresh Artichoke (Without the Butter)

Without the butter, these artichokes in a spicy vinaigrette are safe for you to enjoy. Only problem? They're seasonal, so plan your trips around the availability of this dish.

9. Ahi Carpaccio

Thinly sliced Ahi Tuna in a wasabi pesto, creamy avocado, and togarashi aioli is already dairy-free. Perfection.

10. Kid's Strawberry Dessert (Without the Whipped Cream)

farmer's market, Fruit, Fresh, berry, strawberry, sweet, pasture
Caroline Ingalls

Unfortunately, there are no dairy-free Cheesecake Factory dessert options at the moment. However, if you're looking to indulge in some sweetness after your meal, the fresh strawberries minus the whipped cream are always an option.

Finding dairy-free Cheesecake Factory menu items isn't tough, but it would be nice to have a vegan cheesecake option. Until then, I guess we'll just have to make our own dairy-free cheesecake.