No matter which party you voted for, this election has most likely caused you a tremendous amount of stress. It will go down as one of the most debated elections in American history. Whether you were with her, or you wanted to make America great again, you will most likely need to find serenity after this election has come a close. And what better way to do so than by indulging in comfort food?

Here is a list of seven comfort foods to help you cope with the 2016 election results.

1. Loaded Mac n' Cheese

Now this is what you call #FoodPorn. What's better than a plate of pasta covered in fresh, gooey parmesan cheese? Let me answer that for you: nothing. 

2. Burger

When you start to feel as though everything is falling apart, turn to the classic, fully stacked Shake Shack burger. Keep your friends close and your burgers closer. 

3. Peanut Butter, Bananas, and Oatmeal

For those of you who want to wallow in food yet want to keep that summer body going for as long as possible, enjoy some classic oatmeal with peanut butter, bananas, and whatever additional toppings your heart desires. 

4. Pizza 

If you're a New Yorker, this is your #1 comfort food. Even if you're not a New Yorker, this is probably your #1 comfort food. Whether it's at 3 am after a long night of bar hopping, or after you stay up until 2 am to hear the results of the presidential election, this is for you.  

(And at Artichoke Pizza locations in NYC, for just $5 you can get a slice as large as the winning candidate's ego.)

5. Tomato Soup and Grilled Cheese

In the early morning of November 9, the wind was blowing and anxiety was soaring. What better way to accept America's fate for the next four years than by curling up under a blanket and enjoying some grilled cheese dipped in hot tomato soup?

6. Fish and Chips

If the election did not go as you hoped, you can pretend that you are in London instead, and dive into some Poppies fish and chips. Thinking about turning your study abroad trip into abroad forever?

7. Ben & Jerry's

If you're having a bad day, it is totally acceptable to have ice cream for dinner. Ben & Jerry's states that their Empower Mint flavor "reflects our belief that voting gives everyone a taste of empowerment, & that an election should be more 'by the people' and less 'buy the people!' We all deserve an equal serving of democracy."

Stay strong America. "We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided." - J.K. Rowling.