Colby is known for having awesome food-services on campus. With three dining halls and two quick-stop eateries, it can sometimes be hard to choose where to dine.

For those of you not sure which dining establishment on campus is your favorite, here's an easier way to narrow it down: think of each location as a favorite fall meal, one that captures the personality and essence of that particular spot. Ready?

Dana: Thanksgiving Dinner

cake, pizza, beer
Kayleigh Bounds

Dana dining hall is known for comfort food. Mashed potatoes and gravy, pizza, macaroni and cheese — Dana has all of your carb-heavy cravings and more.

Thanksgiving is a time dedicated to family, friends, and (most importantly) food. Dana is a welcoming environment that encourages comfort and conversation. How much more perfect could the comparison be.

Plus, look at how many options Dana has to offer - it's like a full Thanksgiving spread every day of the school year.

Robert's (Bob's): Pumpkin Pie

coffee, beer, tea, beans
Kayleigh Bounds

While the trek to Bob's can be far depending on where you live, it's worth the hike, because Bob's has some of the best desserts on campus. Like Dana, Bob's offers comfort food favorites too. The selection might be a bit more limited at Bob's, but if it has your favorites, like pumpkin pie for most people, it's a winner. Even if people tell you Bob's is polarizing, if you've got a sweet tooth, it's your place.

Foss: Granny Smith Apple

beer, wine
Kayleigh Bounds

A lot of people have preconceptions about Foss and its food, many of which are right. But it isn't ALL granola and meatless burgers.

Foss is an eclectic mix of healthy and exotic foods. Some days are better than others - for instance, I personally wasn't a huge fan of 'spicy' night. Therefore, it's a sweet and tart kind of place, just like a Granny Smith apple. Like apples, Foss is refreshing. The atmosphere is comforting without the food being heavy. Many have called it "crunchy," which also fits the Granny Smith persona.

The Spa: Pumpkin Spice Latte

Kayleigh Bounds

Let me just start off by saying that I am in no way calling the Spa basic by comparing it to this drink. The Spa is one of my favorite places to hang out on campus. Like pumpkin spice, it's loud and in-your-face in all of the best ways.

The Spa is a perfect combination of two things: work and play. You can go there to do homework during the week or to see friends on the weekend. Pumpkin spice lattes are the perfect combination of fall flavors and everyone's favorite pick-me-up. It's like this eatery and the drinks it serves were meant for each other.

Corporale: Butternut Squash Soup

tea
Kayleigh Bounds

The Corporale is a great spot for quick, light fare. It's got all of the soups, salads, and sandwiches a college kid could ask for. And four free items every weekday? Sign me up! 

Butternut squash soup is a simple fall staple that really warms you up on a chilly day. The Corporale is a neat, inviting spot that encourages light conversation and reprieve from mid-afternoon drudgery. They're the perfect pair.

Your Choice

So, what's your favorite fall-food? Think of this the next time you don't know where to eat, and I assure you it'll make your decision easier.

No matter which one you choose, though, you'll always get a great meal in a welcoming environment, and that's something to be thankful for. Happy fall!