Ever wondered just how much caffeine you’re consuming, and how that’s going to affect your sleep schedule? Wonder no more, because Up Coffee, an app recently released by Jawbone, logs your daily caffeine consumption and will help you get a great night’s sleep.

Up Coffee App

Photo by Caty Schnack

According to Jawbone, Up Coffee is the “simplest way to understand how caffeine affects your sleep.” As college students, we’re no stranger to the magical stimulant—especially after all-nighters.

When you open the app, you’re prompted to enter some information about yourself in order for Up Coffee to better calculate your reactions to caffeine. It asks for your gender, height, weight, target bedtime and caffeine sensitivity (not sensitive, somewhat sensitive and very sensitive). From there, you can add every cup of coffee you drink. The app includes options for simple coffee preparations (cup of coffee, cup of black tea), popular Starbucks & Dunkin Donuts drinks, espresso drinks, soda, energy drinks and sweets.

Up Coffee App

Photo by Caty Schnack

Once you’ve added your caffeine, a fun graphic adds little brown drops to a round flask, depending on how much caffeine is in the drinks you’ve consumed. If you’re taking in too much caffeine, the app will warn you that the dose of caffeine will make you jittery. A spedometer-like graphic will tell you whether you’re good, edgy or wired. You’ll also be told how many hours you have until you’re ready for sleep. Your personal information (height, weight, gender, caffeine sensitivity) factors into how the caffeine affects your mood.

Up Coffee also allows the option of performing several types of experiments. You can track your caffeine consumption for three days to see how you compare to other women or men, or you can track your consumption for seven days to find out what your coffee habit says about you.

Up Coffee App

Photo by Caty Schnack

The app is a great way to find out whether you need to kick your Starbucks habit or could use a little more caffeine, but with any lifestyle-tracking app, it might become tiresome to record every single cup of coffee you drink. You’re probably supposed to use this app to make healthier decisions about coffee consumption, but we could see ourselves using this calculate just how many shots of espresso we have to toss back in order to make the most of our all-nighters.

Up Coffee App

Photo by Caty Schnack

As of now, Up Coffee is only available on iOS.

[divider_1px]

More good stuff here: