It’s gotten to that point in the semester where all of my thoughts are consumed with images of the approaching summer. I can already picture myself relaxing on the beach with a good read in hand, sipping on a freshly opened coconut. But until then, coconut water will have to suffice.

If it’s done right, coconut water can be just as tasty as the real deal. Plus it’s packed with tons of electrolytes and antioxidants, making for a nutritious and delicious drink. But with the countless amount of product available nowadays, it’s almost impossible to tell which one is the best. Lucky for you, we ranked five juices to help make your decision a little easier.

5. Amy & Brian Coconut Juice

Amy & Brian's

Photo by Gabby Phi

Starting with the worst; I almost spit this one out. I’m not sure if it’s the can or something else added to the juice, but the flavor was so sweet, to the point that it was reminiscent of candy. But not the good kind of candy.

4. Naked

Naked

Photo by Gabby Phi

Naked is a fitting name for this coconut water because it was simply that: naked. The coconut flavor was lacking as well as any other flavor. It tasted almost like sour water that had been sitting out for too long.

3. Zico

Zico

Photo by Gabby Phi

Zico was a refreshing departure from the last two drinks. This water was light and refreshing. The coconut-ness was a tad too flat and tangy for my liking, but the flavor was there. I usually grab Zico if I’m craving coconut but want to keep the price low.

2. Harvest Bay

Harvest Bay

Photo by Gabby Phi

One word came to mind when I drank Harvest Bay: clean. The water itself was very fresh and pure while the coconut flavor was the perfect amount of sweetness and nuttiness. Still, even though I enjoyed this drink, it could’ve been better.

1. Harmless Harvest

Photo by Gabby Phi

The people over at Harmless Harvest are doing it right. The packaging isn’t lying. It’s as if they literally poured the juice straight from a coconut into the bottle. This coconut water is bursting at the seams with flavor and transported me to that beach I’ve been dreaming about. The only downside is that it’s a bit pricey, but it’s so worth it.

Try these coconut drinks to transport your taste buds to the beach while waiting for the real thing.

More good stuff here: