C3 in Bloomington, IN blew my mind the first time I went. As we all know, Bloomington is flooded with many restaurants, cafes, coffee shops, and bars that the students consider "Btown staples." Of course everyone has a favorite hangout or meal they would sacrifice not submitting their homework in time for. These favorite spots might be the areas sprinkled around campus including Kirkwood, Fourth Street, or the square. But if you don’t consider C3 at the top of your favorite Bloomington restaurant list, I bet you haven’t been before. And trust me, you are missing out. Don’t miss out like I did, and try C3 for the first time just months before you are about to pack up and leave Bloomington with a degree. GO NOW to try their crafted cocktails and cuisine!

Yes, we all love a good deal. A greasy slice of cheap pizza or some fried rice that really hits the spot and doesn’t drain your wallet. But sometimes you deserve to TREAT YOURSELF. C3 is the prefect place to do just that with a nice dinner and drinks. I mean c’mon. We have been living in a pandemic for the past year, so I’m sure you’ve saved so much money from the lack of drinks consumed on $2 Tuesdays or weekend trips with your friends. You deserve a crafted cocktail with the chef’s special.

Natalie Jacobi

Atmosphere

C3 is located in Renwick Village on the southeast side of Bloomington. For all of you directionally challenged folk, this is just a few minutes past the famous Krogucci. My first state of shock happened when I pulled into Renwick Village. Coming from a student who has lived on or near campus for three and a half years, I have stayed in the “heart” of the town and unfortunately haven’t had too many outings past my regular stomping grounds. I had felt like I had found a gem with C3.

You will be greeted with an outdoor tent that offers a COVID friendly seating area with outdoor heaters surrounding the tables. Simply stated, the inside is a classy, yet cozy vibe. Dimly lit lights that present a perfect glow over each booth, table, and bar.

Natalie Jacobi

Good Eats and Drinks

The best part about C3 is the changing menu. How cool! Of course they keep the favorites on the menu, but three or four items change on a frequent basis. The caesar salad, burger, sliders, or small plates tend to be amongst students’ favorites. But I challenge you to go often just to try the rotating chef’s items.

Natalie Jacobi

Take advantage of their daily drink specials! Fancy, fun, and tasty cocktails. This is what us student’s live for.

What I Ate

C3 serves a mean (in all the right ways) Caesar salad that comes with brussel sprouts. Now, if you just cringed at the thought of eating greens, it tastes so good that you will pleasantly surprised. The Yang Yang Beef starter offers an amazing blend of sweet and salty. You know whenever you eat something really good and it makes you want to do a little “omg this is so good happy food dance”? Yeah, well that happened to me with this beef. A rotating menu item of stuffed sweet potatoes also contributing to that happy dance. And let’s not forget the frites. Hand-cut fries with aioli are guaranteed to hit the spot. This is a restaurant that you CANNOT pass up the starters.

Natalie Jacobi

Just when you think it can’t get any better, C3 hits you hard with some mouthwatering main dishes. These sliders do not even compare to your “typical” sliders. Beef filets topped with crispy onions and sauce that ooze with juice at every bite. Coming from a hardcore pasta and carb aficionado, you cannot pass up the opportunity to try the chef’s special with homemade pasta. When I was at C3 I had farfalle pasta with pork tips, leeks, fennel, broccolini, and a roasted tomato-cream sauce. Another favorite is the rotating fish special. I had a crusted Walley with smashed fingerling potatoes, shiitake mushrooms, and wilted spinach with a malt vinegar aioli.

Natalie Jacobi
Natalie Jacobi

Oh, and of course you can’t forget dessert. Eat one of their unique sugary treats that make a perfect end to the night. Or drink away your sweets with a kick of liquid courage. Check out their rotating specials!

Natalie Jacobi
Natalie Jacobi

COVID Friendly

No need to fear the virus at C3, as they are taking all the precautions necessary. Sit next to the heaters in the outdoor tents or spaced out in a cozy table or booth.

C3 is the perfect place to celebrate Valentine’s Day, a friend’s birthday, a new job offer, graduation, or simply just a celebration of life. Treat yourself to Bloomington’s finest crafted cocktails and cuisine Monday through Saturday from 4 – 10 PM.