In life, there's a saying that there's a first for everything; which is true, but some things could only be done once originally; like a new product release. Chivas Regal, the world's first luxury blended scotch and Official Global Spirits Partner Manchester United, is thrilled to debut their first ever 13 year-old blend to the U.S. Market: Chivas 13 Manchester United Special Edition.

What's there to know?

Liz Abere

On shelves exclusively here in the United States, a standard 750ml bottle of Chivas 13 Manchester United Special Edition retails for $34.99, or $35 if you enjoy rounding up to the nearest penny and has an ABV (alcohol by volume) level of 40% with a proof of 80. Chivas 13 Manchester United Special Edition is finished in American Rye Casks to create an exceptionally smooth and mellow with flavors of sweet and juicy citrus orange, creamy milk chocolate and a dusting of cinnamon and showcases ManU’s team colors and iconic imagery of coach Sir Alex Ferguson, creating a stunning and collectible item for scotch and soccer fans alike.

What's there to know about the brand?

alcohol, liquor, whisky, wine, tea, beer, ice, rum
Nicole Korolevich

Chivas Regal, the brand behind it all got their start in 1909 when they were launched. The brand is known to be the world's first luxury whiskey and is also considered to be a timeless classic, which is renowned for their quality, taste, style, substance and exclusivity. A nice fun fact about the brand Is that they sell 4.5 million 9L cases annually in over 150 countries across the globe. The range of Chivas Regal includes Chivas 12, Chivas Extra, Chivas 18, Chivas 25, the pinnacle of the range ultra-prestige blend, Chivas Regal The Icon and the Global Travel Retail exclusive, Chivas Brothers Blend. Also launched in October 2016, Chivas Regal Ultis is the first blended malt Scotch whisky from the House of Chivas and represents the true Essence of Chivas Regal.

While most people don't drink whiskey, now might as well be the time to start, and with a price point of $35, it can't hurt to try it; and if you don't like it, you can always give it to me. I'll drink it.