Chipotle is the place where people go for quick burritos or burrito bowls for when you can't get to your favorite hole in the wall spot. Of course Chipotle has more than burritos and burrito bowls, but those are just two of the several dishes that happen to live on their menu. In recent news, Chipotle launches a new egift card program to help celebrate 2020 grads, and I'm here to share more on that with you.

Deets, please.

Photo Courtesy of Chipotle

As of two days ago, which is also known as May 21st, 2020, Chipotle has announced that the company as a whole will match 10% of graduation-themed egift card purchases and donate to Scholarship America. According to a press release, this will end on June 30th, 2020. If you're wondering what Scholarship America is, it's "an organization that works directly with students, parents, colleges, businesses, and communities to help students fulfill their college dreams. Since it was founded in 1958, Scholarship America has distributed $4.3 billion to more than 2.6 million students," as stated in a press release. Those that are interested in purchasing graduation themed egift cards can do so through here

Chris Brandt, Chief Marketing Officer has stated that "We’re excited to offer parents, family members, and friends an easy way to congratulate the Class of 2020; it’s been a rollercoaster year for many of these seniors, and they certainly deserve something extra for all their accomplishments.”

This past month alone, Chipotle has hosted two online events to help graduating seniors stay connected to senior year. Last Saturday, May 16th, 2020 was Chipotle's virtual prom afterparty on Instagram, where one lucky attendee was awarded a $25,000 scholarship. This past Wednesday, May 20th, 2020, Chipotle "teamed up with the Premier Lacrosse League (PLL) to create a virtual Senior Day for high school lacrosse student-athletes who had their spring season canceled," as stated in a press release. 

Needless to say, Chipotle cares about the class of 2020, unlike some other companies that won't be named here. Education has always been important to Chipotle, and it seems like it'll always be important to the company.