Let's be real. We have all danced alone in our room to a newly-released album or that on-repeat song. So, when I heard that Cheez-it x Pandora literally aged cheese to hip-hop music, how could I say no to this snack? I mean this was the answer. I finally found something to "keep the vibes going" post-dance party. 

Siri Potluri

At first look, it's obscure. I know. There's no way cheese aged to hip-hop music can even do anything to its taste and smell? Surprisingly, Swiss researchers investigated this question, and they found that hip-hop music actually strengthens the taste and smell of the cheese. And after tasting this snack, I 100% endorse this study (more on the taste test later). Cheez-it used the study result to elevate their classic flavor to the next level with the help of experts from Pandora. Hip-hops songs were selected by their tempo and sonic frequency in that they would create a more intense flavor to our favorite crunchy snack. After aging the cheese for about six and a half months, Cheez-it is finally releasing these limited edition crackers.  

Siri Potluri

Still, don't believe me? To prove it, Pandora has a mixtape of the tracks they used to accentuate the cheese flavors. There are five tracks that heighten five most important elements of cheese: its sharpness, smoothness, hardness, aged-ness, nuttiness, and richness. The music and sonic experts at Pandora insightfully put together an audio mixtape, perfectly scoring on Cheez-it's cheesy metrics. As they say, "the cheezier the track, the better it slaps." 

This one of a kind snacking experience combines the world's love for hip-hop with the best-tasting cheese snack; the perfect addition to my solo dance parties in my room. Sway Calloway, executive producer, SiriusXM radio host and Cheez-It lover, says, "this collaboration is the perfect mix of my favorite things: hip-hop music, wild innovation and Cheez-It. Hip-hop has influenced many lives, so I'm looking forward to seeing if fans can taste the effect of the most beloved genre of music in the world on these crackers." As a fan myself, I took up the task to test whether these new, absurdly aged by audio crackers live up to the hype. 

The Taste Test

Siri Potluri

Finally, the taste test. The minute the cheez-it, I was immediately hit with a sharp cheese flavor, like the satisfying pierce of the vocals in music. I was surprised that the cheese could be so prominent before I even started munching. Then, the flavors upon flavors bursted in my mouth. The nuttiness, then richness of the cheese came quick, which subconsciously had me nodding my head to the rhythm that aged the cheese. I was left with the smoothness that effortlessly flowed as I swallowed, leaving my mouth craving more of this interestingly fun experience.

Siri Potluri
Siri Potluri

Did I present a convincing case to taste hip-hop with these satisfying snack? The limited-edition Cheez-it x Pandora Aged by Audio cracker is the snack for not only the intense and unique flavor but for accentuating the vibrations within oneself to keep dancing and enjoying the music by our favorite hip-hop artists.