In the past two years, Celsius has quickly become a coffee dupe for college students needing energy to stay up cramming. However, the essential study drink now faces a class action lawsuit for mislabeling their drinks.

Why is Celsius involved in a class action lawsuit?

While Celsius claims on their packaging that there are no preservatives, the energy drink does contain citric acid in the ingredient list. However, reps of Celsius say that the citric acid is used for flavoring within the drink rather than as an added preservative. The explanations were not enough, and now Celsius has settled to the tune of $250 million.

How do you know if you are eligible for the Celsius class action lawsuit?

Have you bought Celsius between January 1, 2015 and November 23, 2022? Then you could get compensated up to $250 per household. If you’re an avid receipt keeper, now is your chance to earn money from buying Celsius. No receipt? The maximum refund you could get is $20 (along with a phone call from your parents lecturing you on why you should keep your receipts). With a receipt, past consumers can receive $1 for each Celsius product and $5 for each multipack purchased within the aforementioned time period. The deadline to submit a claim is February 13, just in time to receive a check for a Valentine’s dinner!

Wait, wasn’t something happening with Celsius and Flo Rida?

If you’ve had a bad year, just know Celsius is also paying Flo Rida, the rapper, $82 million after being found guilty for breaching an endorsement deal with him between the years of 2014 to 2018. The five day trial also concluded that Celsius fraudulently hid information from the rapper. I guess Celsius took “New Year, New Me” too seriously.