I hate to be that girl, but who doesn't love snuggling up in a cozy sweater, taking pictures while apple picking, and drinking copious amounts of pumpkin spice? Fall is the best season mainly because of pumpkin spice. However, I've been a bit concerned about my caffeine consumption lately, so I did some digging on how much caffeine in pumpkin spice lattes there is.

Here's everything you need to know about whether those PSLs will get you jitters along with Insta likes. 

#SpoonTip: Looking to learn about your other favorite Starbucks drinks? Here's how much caffeine is in 11 popular Starbucks drinks.

Breaking Down the PSL 

I'm about to drop a bomb on ya: a pumpkin spice latte is literally just a latte as far as caffeine content is concerned. Yes, you got that pumpkin flavoring to *spice* it up a bit, but you are not getting any additional caffeinated benefits by opting for a pumpkin spice latte. 

A Grande Caffé Latte from Starbucks has 150 mg of caffeine (the equivalent of two shots of espresso), and the Grande Pumpkin Spice Latte has the same serving of caffeine. They both contain two shots of espresso (I know, I am shattering your world right now). So basically, you do not have to worry about your caffeine consumption spiking up in the fall season. 

The Modifications Are Real

If the OG beverage is not your cup of tea, you can certainly change it up to get more or less caffeine. Add 75 mg of caffeine for each additional shot of espresso that you put on your order, but please don't do so many shots you get the coffee jitters

You can also reduce the caffeine in pumpkin spice lattes by ordering the drink decaf. Be warned, you will still be getting some caffeine. Starbucks only allows you to order espresso beverages 2/3 decaf, but it's better than nothing. Additionally, if you order a Grande or Venti Pumpkin Spice Latte, you'll be able to modify the number of espresso shots down to a more reasonable serving. I would high-key recommend doing this if you are ordering a PSL after 2 pm. 

Yes, this entire discussion makes me basic AF, but it's important to know the amount of caffeine in pumpkin spice lattes. I need to be drinking loads of espresso if I want to stay awake in class, and I'm glad that I can do it with my trusty PSL.