Virginia Tech is known for having the best college food nationwide. But with countless great options on campus it’s easy to indulge and lose track of how much money you’re spending.

As we enter the final month of the semester, and your meal plan keeps creeping closer and closer to zero, keep these tips in mind to help save you from hitting that terrifying $0.00 balance.

meal plan

Photo courtesy of giphy.com

Turner

meal plan

Photo by Rachel Mullally

1. Spicy Shrimp Rolls from Origami

When most people think of freshly rolled sushi, they wouldn’t think that it’s one of the best buys at Turner. You get a full roll of shrimp sushi topped with spicy Yum-Yum sauce for only $3.22.

2. Chicken Pesto Sub from Atomic Pizzeria

This sub is a bargain. For $2.50 you get giant sub, almost bigger than an actual submarine. It’s two breaded chicken breasts covered in melted cheese and pesto sauce that will leave you (and your meal plan) full.

3. Crêpes from Dolci Cafe

Not many people can resist a crêpe, but no one can resist one thats only $2.12. Hit up Dolci Cafe for a delicious crêpe with two fillings and one topping that won’t leave you eating ramen for the rest of the semester.

Owens

meal plan

Photo by Kate Avdellas

1. Burrito Bowl from La Cantina

A lot of the food from La Cantina can be a bit on the pricey side. If you’re craving Mexican food but you’re balling on a budget, order the burrito bowl for $2.87.

2. General Tso’s Chicken and Broccoli from Bowl Dynasty

If you’re in the mood for a cheap, filling meal, order the General Tso’s chicken with broccoli. You’ll get a mound of rice, chicken and broccoli for only $2.97.

3. 6-Inch Meat Subs from Frank’s Deli

Frank’s build your own subs are often over shadowed by the Fantastic Frank. Little do most people know, you can make your own sub with two meats, one slice of cheese and unlimited sauces for only $2.72.

West End Market

meal plan

Photo by Kate Avdellas

1. Wraps from Wrap World

If you’re at West End and you want the most bang for your buck, a wrap is the way to go. Wrap World offers many types of wraps from Chicken Caesar to Steak Fajita all for the great price of $2.70. If you’re really on a budget, they offer grab and go options that are only $1.99.

2. All American Salad from Leaf & Ladle

If you’re a vegetarian or just craving an amazing salad, stay away from the expensive salads from Turner or Chik-fil-a. Head to Leaf & Ladle and grab their All American for only $2.97. This salad is bigger than any salad on campus and won’t put a big dent on your meal plan.

3. Char-boiled Lime Chicken Sandwich from The Fighting Gobbler

Avoid all the greasy, fattening and expensive options from The Fighting Gobbler. Try the Char-boiled chicken sandwich. This lime marinated, grilled chicken breast served on a whole wheat bun is not only healthy, but it’s also only $2.47.

DX

meal plan

Photo by Kate Avdellas

1. Corn Dog Nuggets

Corn dog nugs are the ultimate drunchie. Luckily, buying these are one drunk decision you will never have to regret. You can get these every weekend and not worry about your meal plan running low because these nugs are only $2.35.

2. Chicken Nuggets

Chicken nuggets. A childhood favorite. And a college kid favorite (because they’re cheap AF). A bag of 7 nuggets is only $2.05.

3. Bacon Cheese Burger

Most people forget that DX has options that you can order. Instead of paying $6.00 for a pizza from the grab and go section, order a bacon cheeseburger for just $2.40.

Hokie Grill

meal plan

Photo by Erica Hammett

1. Cheese Pizza from Pizza Hut

Everyone loves a classic cheese pizza. Luckily Pizza Hut’s pizza is only $2.47.

2. BBQ Sandwich from Blue Ridge BBQ

For only $2.72 you can get an amazing, finger licking BBQ sandwich. This sandwich is huge and filling, so you don’t have to worry about being hungry and having to spend even more money on chips or sides.

3. Chicken Strips from Chick-fil-a

A crowd favorite at Hokie Grill, Chick-fil-a. Don’t feel bad if you’re obsessed with Chicky and feel the need to get it everyday. Chicken strips and nuggets only cost $1.89.

Remember these cheap buys and you’ll survive until the end of the semester. May the odds be ever in your favor, Hokies.