Up until a year ago, Villanova students were at a loss when it came to finding a yoga class. The Davis center offered a few, but if they didn't fit with your class schedule, or if you didn't have a car to drive a good distance down the Main Line, you were basically out of luck. 

Enter Bulldog Yoga. A studio built on the idea that your yoga experience should be about you, and even better, a yoga studio located within walking distance from Villanova's campus.

Bulldog has a fresh, clean, and friendly vibe, and they play motivating and upbeat music in all of their classes. They often have themed classes, so your practice can be set to an entire hour of Beyonce or Justin Timberlake. 

The Classes

Bulldog Yoga offers three types of classes: Activate, Invigorate, and Exhilarate, and all of the classes are heated. Depending on what you sign up for, your class will be heated to 76 or 92 degrees. You can see what the temperature of your class will be, as well as what type of music will be played, when you check their schedule

The first, Activate, is great if you're new to yoga, or just want to enjoy a calmer class. The music choice is usually a mix of calm and energetic songs, and this class will work your entire body. You'll focus on a lot of stretching and will leave the class feeling renewed and revived. 

Invigorate is a quicker flow than Activate, and focuses on a more cardio-driven flow. Personally, this is my favorite class and I take it all the time. It brings together breath, posture, flow and upbeat music, and it's one of the toughest workout classes I've ever taken. Besides the cardio you'll get in this class, you'll focus a lot on toning, especially in the core section that is built into every class. 

Their newest class, Exhilarate, is basically Invigorate but with resistance bands. This combines the dynamic yoga you already get in the other classes with plyometrics and resistance bands. If you're looking for a challenge, or just to tone up, you do not want to miss this class. 

They also have a Bulldog Basics class, which is offered once a week and is great for beginners, or yogis just wanting to revisit or perfect their form.

Why You Need To Try Bulldog

It's not a secret that hot yoga is great for you; it stretches, tones, strengthens, and detoxes your body. But a lot of people are hesitant to try yoga because they don't like to be bombarded with the spiritual aspect. 

At Bulldog, you're coming to a workout class. They don't overload you with spiritual messages, rather their messages are motivating and push you to work towards your best personal practice.

The teachers are amazing, the classes are some of the best I've ever taken, and they even offer student discounts in order to make their classes accessible to everyone. Bulldog Yoga is its own little community, and it's easily one of the most inviting, welcoming, and fun studios I've ever been to. 

And the bulldog the studio is named after? She's real, her name is Gracie, and she regularly comes into the studio. That alone should be enough to convince you. Their introductory rate is 5 classes for $25 (or $20 if you're a student), so what are you waiting for?