I love dogs, admittedly not as much as Bachelor in Paradise's Ben Zorn is obsessed with his dog Zeus, but I consider petting fluffy dogs a priority in my life. The biggest issue I face, however, is that I don't actually have a dog. Luckily, an NYC cafè is going to help me out. Boris & Horton (appropriately named after the owners' dogs) will be the first dog cafe in NYC and is set to open early this winter. Here's everything you need to know about this dreamy concept. 

More On This Dog Cafè

Photo courtesy of Giphy

Cat cafès have been around for a while, but finally, according to DNAinfo, father-daughter duo, Coppy and Logan Holzman, will be opening a dog-friendly cafè and lounge in NYC (on the corner of E 12th Street and Avenue A). It's set to open this winter, as early as December if all goes as planned. Patrons can bring their dogs and pet other dogs as well at Boris & Horton, all while ordering a glass of Merlot and a sandwich. Yes, this is real. You're not dreaming. 

The Logistics

Photo courtesy of Giphy

Boris & Horton will occupy two spaces, separated by a glass wall, to comply with the Department of Health. One side will include the cafè with drinks, pastries and sandwiches, and the other side will have a lounge space for the dogs dogs. Human patrons are welcome to bring food or drink to the lounge side (which I can only imagine the swarm of furry friends they'll make upon contact). And when a customer brings their dog, lounge staff will be able to watch the dog while the patron runs over to the other side to grab their order.

"It's like basically going to someone's nice living room with your dog, and it's adjacent to a place where you can get all your food and coffee," Coppy Holzman told DNAinfo.

Oh yeah, and the lounge with also have pet supplies and a freaking photo booth. #BlessUp

Some people in the neighborhood (who are probably no fun) have reportedly been worried about the noise and "the mess" a dog cafè can bring, but the Holzman's have assured them that this is a space where only polite pooches are welcome. 

Now, More On the Dog Situation

Photo courtesy of Giphy

So technically, this space is a Bring Your Own Dog-type of deal, but the owners say even those without dogs are welcome. 

"What we found is, a lot of people like dogs and because of their circumstances can't have one — so this is a dog-friendly place," Coppy Holzman said. 

I mean, it might seem somewhat creepy to sit in a room gawking at other people's dogs, but if you can overlook that, you're going to get to pet some doggos. 

Boris & Hortons will also be partnering with Badass Brooklyn Animal Rescue to take over the place on the weekends. So, if you're currently looking to add a furry roommate to your apartment lease, you can adopt a dog in need of a good home.

Photo courtesy of Giphy

Unfortunately I'm in no way capable of taking care of dog right now at this time in my life, but this dog-friendly cafè will hopefully help me reap some small benefits of having one. I'm thinking it might also help me meet my future husband who, of course, has a dog. But only time will tell if Boris & Horton's really can make all of my dreams come true.