Whenever boba is brought up in conversation, everyone looks at you (possibly because you’re the one who brought it up). You’re always taking pictures of boba for Instagram and Snapchat, and you happily admit that you’re addicted. But just how obsessed are you? Has boba taken over your life?

Here are 5 signs that show you’re truly obsessed with boba.

1. You bond with everyone over boba.

boba obsession

Photo by Jocelyn Hsu

And by everyone, I mean everyone, from your vegetarian roommate’s parents to that snarky kid in your math class to your super chill supervisor at work. Earlier this semester, I was admitted to the emergency department for an unknown allergic reaction. Guess what I talked to the nurses about? Yup. Boba.

2. You have a nickname related to boba.

boba obsession

Photo by Irene Kim

Are you really obsessed if your friends and family don’t recognize your boba obsession? My friends and I have a Facebook group chat named “boba,” and each of our nicknames correlates with our favorite boba place in the Bay. And then there’s another one called “boba group, inc.” Not to mention, I’ve also been dubbed “boba queen” by my fellow Spoon members. What fun boba nicknames do you have?

3. You are a boba connoisseur.

boba obsession

Photo by Jocelyn Hsu

You know the ins and outs of boba. Some people might call you a snob, but you really just value good boba. You can tell an authentic boba shop from a fake one just based off of the menu, and whenever there’s a new boba shop in town, you’re the one everyone asks for reviews. Live in Berkeley? Here are Berkeley’s 5 best boba shops — boba snob written and approved.

4. You expect fresh ingredients.

boba obsession

Photo by Irene Kim

You don’t just drink boba for the pearls, though that’s an integral part of your drink. The tea is just as important, and it’s so easy to tell when the barista uses syrups and powders instead of the real deal. Taro milk tea better have actual chunks of taro in it, and watermelon green tea should be made from fresh watermelon.

5. You believe boba is for every occasion.

boba obsession

Photo by Jocelyn Hsu

There’s no such thing as a wrong time for boba. If it’s cold, you order a hot milk tea with boba. If it’s hot, you go for a refreshing fruit tea with boba and jelly. If it’s dessert time, you order snow ice, shaved ice, or hot grass jelly with boba as the star topping.

Do you fit all 5 signs? If so, boba has definitely taken over your life. Join the boba obsession club, and let’s get more boba!