It's a common misconception that vegans can't enjoy comfort food such as pizza because it's covered in cheese and toppings like pepperoni and sausage. Thankfully, that couldn't be further from the truth. There are plenty of chains that serve vegan pizza—you just have to specify which toppings you do and don't want on your pie. One of my favorite pizza chains for vegan-friendly pizza is Blaze Pizza. Blaze works as an assembly line (similar to Subway and Chipotle) and serves delicious thin crust pizza. While other pizza chains have incorporated vegan options into their menus, Blaze is by far the most accommodating and makes it super simple to create your very own Blaze Pizza vegan meal.

How does Blaze Pizza set itself apart from other pizza chains? First of all, you have total control over every expect of your pizza, from the dough to the sauce to the toppings, even to the finishing touches that take your pizza to the next level. Secondly, you can watch your pizza bake in one of their ovens that reaches over 600ºF and you get your pie in just 180 seconds. And finally, because they have so many pizza bases and toppings, it's easy to customize your order depending on your dietary needs. Below, I've laid out exactly how to order the vegan pizza of your dreams from Blaze Pizza.

#SpoonTip: If you have any questions about their ingredients, Blaze Pizza provides allergen info on its website as a helpful source for customers with dietary restrictions.

How to Order

When ordering from Blaze Pizza, you can choose from nine signature pizzas or create your very own unique pizza. To build your own pizza, simply walk down the 'assembly line' and pick the dough, sauce, and toppings you'd like. After the pizza is baked, you get to add your favorite finishing touches and, voila, your pizza is ready. 

Vegan Dough Options

Pizza dough is one of the most important components of a pizza because it's the vessel that carries the sauce and array of delicious toppings. Blaze has three dough recipes that you can choose from: Classic, Gluten-free, and High Rise Dough, all of which are vegan. 

Vegan Sauce Options

Blaze has four sauce options: classic red, spicy red, garlic, garlic pesto, and white cream, but only the red sauces are vegan. If you want a little kick of spice to your pizza, I'd recommend the spicy red sauce. Otherwise, the classic red is a great choice for customers who prefer to take the more traditional route. 

Vegan Toppings

If you like to pile your pizza with an assortment of difference ingredients, you're more than welcome to do so. Most pizza shops have a limited selection of vegan toppings, but at Blaze there are over 15 toppings you can choice from that are vegan-friendly. The list includes artichokes, tomatoes, mushrooms, red onions, arugula, banana peppers, chopped garlic, sautéed onion, pineapple, spinach, seasonal veggies, and so much more. Sadly, there aren't a lot of vegan cheese options to choice from but, fear not, Blaze Pizza has a vegan cheese alternative that should satisfy your cheese craving. 

#SpoonTip: They sometimes keep the vegan cheese in the back to avoid cross contamination with non-vegan cheese, so if you don't see it as an option in the front don't be afraid to still ask for it.

Vegan Drizzles

Don't forget the finishing touches. You can choose to top your pie with a drizzle of balsamic glaze, buffalo sauce, olive oil, BBQ glaze, a sprinkle of oregano, and a dash of sea salt. All of the drizzles are delicious, but I recommend pairing the balsamic glaze with the classic red sauce, which elevates the pizza to a whole other level, or finishing with buffalo sauce if you like your pizza spicy.

Blaze Pizza has so many options to choose from and makes it really simple to customize your own pizza to fit your dietary preference. Whether you're vegan, gluten-free, or just a hungry customer, Blaze Pizza is the place to go to satisfy your pizza craving. However, there are still some options that you need to be wary of if you're vegan. Stay clear of the desserts, even though they might look tempting, as all of their options contain diary products.