Even though we automatically think of Europe and South America when it comes to good wines, that doesn't mean we can't find some good local wines right here in America. There are plenty of fab wineries (and I don't mean just Napa) in every region of the country. Here are the best wineries and vineyards in each state, from one wine snob to another. 

And who knows? Maybe your new favorite winery is right in your own state. 

1. Morgan Creek Vineyards (Alabama)

This winery is truly something different. With a lot of different events, ranging from 4th of July events to your classic wine tastings, this is the kind of place that will never fail to deliver. 

Whenever you are looking for something to do in Harpersville, Morgan Creeks Vineyards is the kind of place you can always count on. It has a very warm, natural, and authentic environment that is perfect for a fun day out with your friends. 

2. Bear Creek Winery & Lodging (Alaska) 

Yes, Alaska is also the last place I would go looking for good wine. However, Bear Creek Winery & Lodging proves us all wrong. They are known not only for their wines, but for their fruit wines and their fruit and grape wine blends as well. This place is the perfect balance between elegance and the beautiful outdoors. 

3. Callaghan Vineyards (Arizona)

If you're looking for an excuse to take a boozy trip to Elgin, Arizona, you are in luck. Callaghan Vineyards started with the idea of producing their own Bordeaux-style wines, but ended up realizing that Arizona's dry and hot climate wasn't really meant for that.

Now, Callaghan Vineyards is famous for their Spanish and Mediterreanean-style cultivars, like tempranillo and roussanne, among others. If you decide to take a trip and visit it, be sure to try their special and unique blends. 

4. Post Familie Vineyards (Arkansas)  

Post Familie has about every grape and type of wine you can think of. From a white Zinfandel rosé wine to a Concord crape juice, they're all available not only for a wine tasting in the vineyard but also for purchase at their retail store.

Post Familie also hosts a lot of different events, like the Springtime Gala, Wine Country Ride, Altus Grape Festival, and even a celebration in honor of the Feast of St. John. And even if you can't attend an event, just stop by for a nice lunch and enjoy the historic and picturesque environment.  

5. Ridge Vineyards (California)

When it comes to the best wineries and vineyards in America, I automatically picture California and Napa. In order to help you guys try new wines, I've chosen an amazing and more underrated choice for Califoria, Ridge Vineyards

With two estates, one in Sonoma County while the other in the Santa Cruz mountains, this is perhaps one of the most welcoming and appealing vineyards you've ever seen. This is the perfect spot for a nice picnic if you want to enjoy the mind-blowing view, or if you choose a more traditional experience, it's also a great place for a memorable tour and wine tasting. 

6. Snowy Peaks Winery (Colorado) 

Snowy Peaks Winery is one of the top family-friendly wineries on this list. Apart from providing a nice space for everyone, ranging from young kids to adults, this winery also has a lot of great activities like the Book Club Wine, live music, and the SnowyGrass festival

The best part of this? Their wine tasting samples are actually really affordable. If you're looking for a nice environment where you can enjoy a view of the Rockies, this is the place. 

7. Jones Winery (Connecticut) 

Located in Shelton, CT, Jones Winery is one of the best gems in the state. This family-owned winery is home to one of the best blended wines and a unique view of White Hills.

Apart from their weekly Friday Night Wine Down (which are incredibly worth it), Jones Winery is also famous for providing the full farm experience to their guests by allowing them to harvest their own berries, pumpkins, and even Christmas trees. If these activities aren't appealing enough for you, this is also a great place to learn more about wine tasting and Connecticut's own farming history. 

8. Nassau Valley Vineyards (Delaware) 

This vineyard is truly Delaware's finest. Nassau Valley Vineyards is not only the only award-winning winery and farm winery in the entire state, but it's also an amazing location for weddings, private events, and tours. If you really want to come off as a wine connoisseur, you can take advantage of the experience and enjoy the history of wine museum

When it comes to its wine tastings, you can get the full experience for only $5 per person. Not only is this an amazing price for the experience, but it also includes your very own tasting glass to take home as a souvenir. 

9. Lakeridge Winery and Vineyards (Florida)

Located in the birthplace of American wine, Lakeridge Winery has been providing Florida and the rest of the world with top-quality wine since 1989. 

Apart from wine tastings and tours of the vineyard, this winery also hosts a few of the most diverse and appealing events you've ever heard of. A few of these are the BBQ and Blues festival, Corks for Cancer, Annual Grape Stomp competition, and the Summer Music Series, among a lot of other cheap and family-friendly events. 

10. Yonah Mountain Winery (Georgia) 

Located in the mountains and north of Atlanta, Yonah Mountain Winery and Vineyards is the perfect place to have fun while you sip some wine or relax and enjoy the hidden beauties of nature. If you're ever in Georgia, this place is an absolute must. 

The best and most famous event held in this vineyard is Crush Fest. This Labor Day tradition includes a lot of activities like a traditional barefoot grape stomping, live music (specifically live accordion and guitar music from Bob and Jane Miller, the winery owners), food trucks, an artisan market, and wine tastings. 

11. Volcano Winery (Hawaii) 

Wine? In Hawaii? I'm as shocked as you are. If you're looking to add a boozy and incredibly fun turn to your trip to paradise, Volcano Winery is the place. 

If tropical and fruity-like wines are your thing, get ready for your new favorite selection of wines. Even though all of their wines are great, the Hawaiian Guava-Grape wine is the real star of the show. And it gets better. If you are equally fond of tea and wines, this place caters to both. 

12. Lindsay Creek Vineyards (Idaho)

From wheat farmers to wine sensations, Lindsay Creek Vineyards is going to make you turn that Chardonnay into Chardonyay. 

Besides their tasting room, Lindsay Creek Vineyards also has different events like their very own abridged listening of William Shakespeare's works. And if events like this aren't really your thing, you can focus on what you came here for: wine. If Idaho is too far for you, their shipping policies have your back so you don't have to miss out on their Sauvignon Blanc or Merlot.

13. Lynfred Winery (Illinois) 

Lynfred Winery, located in Roselle, Illinois, is home to one of the sweetest and fruitiest wines you've ever had. This is a great place if you're looking to dine, drink, and have a good time tasting different wines.

This winery is known for having all types of different sales and promotions, so even if you don't know when to go, rest assured that there will be a chance for you to enjoy these amazing wines at affordable prices. Additionally, if cheap wines are your thing, be sure to check their monthly wine deals

14. Oliver Winery & Vineyards (Indiana)

Since the 1960s, Oliver Winery & Vineyards has been providing the perfect venue for private parties, picnics, wine tours, corporate retreats, and (obviously) wine tastings. With a vineyard at the same latitude as Napa Valley, you know you're in for Indiana's finest. 

If you're someone who prefers sweet wines rather than dry wines, or vice versa, you'll be happy to know that Oliver Winery specializes in both kinds. Not only is their wine amazing, but the skills and crafts of the people who work there are also the best. 

15. Madison County Winery (Iowa)

Even though the area of Madison County is famous for its sites and views, it's also home to some of the best glasses of wine in the state. If you're looking to relax on a patio while sipping your wine and admiring a beautiful view, Madison County Winery is the place for you. 

Even though they're famous for their Lollipop, Hunter’s Moon, and Summer Blonde wines, they're also home to craft beers and their unique wine-a-ritas. 

16. Smoky Hill Vineyards & Winery (Kansas)

Hardly ever do we associate The Sunflower State with local wine. However, at Smoky Hill you’ll find the finest wines the central Kansas area has to offer. What makes this vineyard home to one of the best wines you’ll ever have is their own creative blends. A few of these are the Sweet Lady, Red Raspberry, and the Christmas Wine. If you're looking for quality and that in-house touch, Smoky Hill is the best choice. 

17. Equus Run Vineyard & Winery (Kentucky) 

Summers in Kentucky are about to get a lot better thanks to Equus Run. Located in the heart of Horse Country, this vineyard is home to the Summer Concert Series, where you can listen to amazing bands like Bluegrass Area Jazz Ambassadors and Mary Chapin Carpenter, all while de-stressing with a glass of Chardonnay on your hand.

This is also a great escape for when you or your friends need to sit back and enjoy some wine while you enjoy some of the most scenic views in all Kentucky. If you can't find the time to make it to the vineyard, you can join their Wine Club

18. Pontchartrain Vineyards (Louisiana)

Pontchartrain Vineyards is famous for being known as the home of "Jazz'n the Vines." It was created with the intention of creating wines that appeal to the culture, cuisine, and sensibilities of Southeast Louisiana. Since 1991, it's successfully done exactly that.

Pontchartrain is also famous for having all of their wines made by hand with their own grapes. This not only gives the wine a good twist, but it also makes it the perfect addition to that Louisiana cuisine. For all you wine, jazz, and Louisiana aficionados out there, welcome to your new favorite place. 

19. Cellardoor Winery (Maine)

This boutique winery is the perfect place if you're looking to pair a cheese plate with the perfect glass of wine. Cellardoor Winery not only uses grapes from  their own vineyards, but also from all of America's best wine regions. 

At Cellardoor, it's almost unheard of to find a wine that doesn't climb to your top three. With a huge variety of grapes, types, dryness, and flavors, I promise that you can find exactly what it is you are looking for. Not only that, but you can also enjoy it as you admire the farmhouse-like environment of the winery.

20. Basignani Winery (Maryland)

Basignani Winery is home to some of the best blends and Cabernet Sauvignons you've had in your life. Not only is the vineyard beautiful, but the wine tasting room is as well. 

In addition to your regular wine tastings, Basignani is also known for hosting what are probably the most fun events you could ever attend, like the Wine & Truffles events for Valentine's Day, or the other seasonal events like the Pizza and Herbs and the Swing into Spring event. 

21. Nashoba Valley Winery (Massachusetts)

If you're someone who's still not very comfortable or familiar with all the wine lingo, Nashoba Valley Winery is the perfect place to start getting used to it. The staff is known for being incredibly friendly and effective as a transition for those who are looking to learn more about the wine world. 

This dog-friendly winery offers a variety of different wines, beers, and even spirits that go perfectly together with the food at J's Restaurant or the tasty dishes from the picnic lunch menu

22. Black Star Farms (Michigan)

If there's one thing Black Star Farms is, it's different. When you arrive here, you're not getting your regular winery experience. Instead, you're being welcomed to an inn, horse stables, a café, and even hiking trails. If you decide to step out of the tasting room, there's no way you can get bored.

If you're ever in the Michigan area, be sure to stop by and enjoy some of their weekly events like Yoga in the Vines, Paella Nights, and the Great Lakes Fish Boil.  

23. Carlos Creek Winery (Minnesota) 

This little piece of Minnesota is going to make you forget all about Napa. Carlos Creek Winery has made a name for itself by giving their excellent wines, a fun twist in a way no other winery can. 

If the wine trail leads you up to this amazing winery, be sure to check out the Grape Stomp Festival, the Namaste in the Vineyard yoga class, and most importantly, the exclusive Minnesota Nice Wine Club. If there's one club that is worth your time, it's this one. 

24. Old South Winery (Mississippi) 

We know the Magnolia State has never been very famous or well-known for its wines, but that doesn't stop Old South Winery from giving America their top-notch wines.

This family-owned vineyard is famous for the fruity taste of its wines, as well for the many variations of sweet and dry wines. If you're ever in the mood to try Old South, their blueberry wine is out of this world.

25. Mount Pleasant Estate (Missouri)

Have you ever seen a more beautiful location than Mount Pleasant? This winery is truly something out of a fairytale. The breathtaking landscape might be due to the way they implement sustainable farming, their energy-saving fluorescent bulbs, or their commitment to recycling. Whatever it is, it is surely paying off.

This green vineyard is also responsible for eliminating over 100 tons of garbage per year, making not only the landfills cleaner, but the state itself, too. If helping the environment is something you're interested in, this is a good way to satisfy that and your love for wine. 

26. Hidden Legend Winery (Montana)

Yes, the label is sort of cheesy, but don't let it keep you from what's inside. They're famous for producing their unique mead (an alcoholic beverage produced by fermenting honey and water).

Hidden Legend Winery has won several awards since 2008 for their mead, so if you're ever looking to try it, be sure to pick a place like this for it. Or you could also choose the convenient option and order it from their store. 

27. Glacial Till Vineyard (Nebraska)

This vineyard has it all. With a barrel room, a patio, and air-conditioned tasting rooms at your disposal, Glacial Till is the perfect place to host any event.

Whether you're looking for something more casual and intimate for some friends, or a more luxurious and polished look for a corporate event, this is the place for you. Even though they have a variety of amazing wines, you can also opt to get a craft cider and spike things up.  

28. Pahrump Valley Winery (Nevada)

A winery in the desert? I know, I had a hard time believing it myself. However, Pahrump manages to deliver sweet and tasty wines that are grown in the the Silver State. Not only is the wine good and the scenery beautiful, but Pahrump is also known for hosting Stomp Festival.

29. Sweet Baby Vineyard (New Hampshire)

If you're looking for the best wines and farm products available in New Hampshire, it really doesn't get any better than Sweet Baby Vineyard. Even though this vineyard has only been around since 2008, it's made a name for itself by incorporating their local produce—like blueberries, peaches, strawberries, and apples—into their wines.

30. Renault Winery (New Jersey)

If you enjoy mixing history and wine, there's no better place than Renault Winery. Recognized as a New Jersey State Historical site, this is the perfect way to learn more about our country's history while you sip on some champagne. Renault is also famous for its Tuscan restaurant and the breathtaking villas. If that isn't enough, the golf course there is reason enough not to leave.

31. Black Mesa Winery (New Mexico)

If you went to Black Mesa and loved it, then you know you have excellent taste when it comes to wine. If you're looking for a nice destination for your next road trip, this is the best place for you. 

You'll be happy to know that Black Mesa is an eco-friendly and socially responsible winery, so there's no guilt in enjoying their wine. The best part of the Black Mesa experience? You can have your own home wine tasting.  

32. Standing Stone Vineyards (New York)

Even if Standing Stone Vineyards isn't your preferred vineyard, you can't go wrong with any wine from New York's Finger Lakes region. Seriously, just go and see for yourself. Be sure to have either a Pinot Noir or a Sparkling wine, as they're the specialties. 

Since this area is very popular, it's really easy to plan your birthday or even your bachelorette party here. What makes the experience really unique is that for once in your life you can taste wine straight from the barrel. 

33. Biltmore (North Carolina)

If you ever dreamed of being a princess, the Biltmore Estate is the castle you likely pictured. The fountain, the estate, the architecture, the restaurants—everything is stunning. There's seriously not a prettier scene in all the state. 

This experience is unlike any other, but don't just take my word for it. Biltmore itself has a well-known reputation for being "America’s most-visited winery," and for being that little magical piece of "Renaissance Europe" inside Asheville, NC.

34. 4e Winery (North Dakota)

There's no better way to beat the heat than with a bottle from 4e Winery. And there's no better place to enjoy a picnic surrounded by a farmhouse scenery than at this vineyard. With many different decks, rooms, events, and tastings, there's really no excuse to miss out on the chance to try a bottle of Prairie Star, Bison Tale, or even Plum wine. 

35. Ferrante Winery (Ohio)

Italian food and wine. Is there something more you could ask? Sine 1937, Ferrante has been responsible for providing the best of these two elements to the Birthplace of Aviation. During the summertime, this place is especially beautiful thanks to its outdoor terrace, where they usually have live music and entertainment. They also have plenty of nearby inns and B&Bs, so there's no excuse not to make a weekend trip to visit this winery.

36. Girls Gone Wine (Oklahoma)

Just by reading at the name you know that this is the perfect place if you're looking for a fun evening with your friends. At Girls Gone Wine, you don't only get complimentary tastings, but you also get to try your own hand at winemaking. 

They're famous for allowing their guests to try to be part of the full wine experience, and they really make it look easy. At Girls Gone Wine, you'll be able to "craft your own batch of 30 bottles of wine" and even be part of the bottling and labeling process. Pretty unique, huh? 

37. The Eyrie Vineyards (Oregon)

There's no way we can mention the best wineries and vineyards in America without including The Eyrie Vineyards. Their specialized winemaking techniques help deliver some of America's finest bottles of red and white. All the wines here are very reasonable when it comes to price, so even if you're on a budget (let's face it, who isn't?), there's no excuse to miss out on this. 

38. Vynecrest Vineyards (Pennsylvania) 

Since 1974, Vynecrest has made a name for itself as one of Philadelphia's (and specifically Breinigsville's) finest. One of the best features of this vineyard is the piano player who drops by every weekend at their wine bar. For those of you who'd rather enjoy Kenny G than Billy Joel, there's live jazz music the last Sunday of each month. 

39. Newport Vineyards (Rhode Island)

Newport Vineyards has been known for bringing "a quintessential Napa experience to New England." Their Gemini Red, Tranquility, and Moscato wines are worth every penny and every mile. Apart from hosting several group wine tastings, Newport Vineyards also has a lot of different and seasonal events, like Farewell Rosé, Vineyard Vinyasa Summer Yoga, and the Weekend Music Series. 

40. La Belle Amie (South Carolina)

If you've lived in South Carolina and never heard of La Belle Amie or their famous Twisted Sisters wines, you're about to start experiencing some serious regrets and FOMO. 

Besides having live music in the afternoon and outdoor cooking, this vineyard is famous for hosting wine tastings every weekend, especially their Wine Down Friday! So move your Myrtle Beach plans to some other day, because this is a place you really can't miss out on. 

41. Prairie Berry Winery (South Dakota)

Ever heard of Red Ass Rhubarb? If you haven't, it might be time to take a trip to Prairie Berry Winery and see what the fuss is about. This award-winning winery is one of South Dakota's many treasures. Their wine, beer, and food has placed Prairie Berry on the map as one of South Dakota's must-visit wineries

42. Arrington Vineyards (Tennessee) 

Arrington Vineyards is the perfect solution for when you need a break from Nashville. With events like Cigar Nights and Music In The Vines, I guarantee you'll have a unique Tennessee experience here. If you're looking for a different experience than just your regular tasting in a room, don't miss out on a relaxing picnic on the vineyard or even better, on their Annual Harvest Party

43. Grape Creek Vineyards (Texas)

At Grape Creek Vineyards, you can sit back and enjoy 100 acres of Tuscan-style vineyards, where you'll discover that  "wine is a pleasure, not a party." This is one of vineyards with the biggest variety of grapes, so even if you're the friend who's really picky about wine, this is a good place for you. And before you leave, don't miss out on trying the Trattoria. 

44. Castle Creek Winery (Utah)

With Utah's signature landscape of "sapphire sky, red rocks and mesas," Castle Creek Winery is a winery unlike the rest of the list. If you're concerned about the state's dry climate being a drawback, don't worry. It actually gives the wine quite a unique taste. Their award-winning wines, Castle Creek Winery Merlot and Castle Creek Winery Monument Red, will help you experience Utah like never before. 

45. Boyden Valley Winery (Vermont)

When it comes to the best wineries and vineyards of each state, Boyden Valley definitely takes the top spot for Vermont. If you're looking for the perfect balance between fun and sophisticated, congratulations. You've found it. I recommend sampling some Vermont Ice wines or some of their famous cream liqueurs. 

46. Bluemont Vineyard (Virginia)

In a state that's famous for all the amazing wineries and vineyards it has, Bluemont Vineyards has managed to overcome the rest of the competition with its annual Peach Fuzztival. If you're ever in town to visit, don't forget to have a cold glass of 2014 Meritage and the 2014 Norton "The Pig."

47. Gramercy Cellars (Washington)

Gramercy Cellars was founded by a Master Sommelier, so you know you're in good hands here. With over nine vineyards, you're getting nothing less than the best of the best. Go ahead and make a trip to what is known to be the “best new winery and best new winemaker.”

48. Forks of Cheat Winery (West Virginia)

Forks of Cheat Winery has won numerous awards, so know that I'm not the only one swearing by this place. With a lot of speciality wines made with cinnamon, spiced apple, cloves, and even peaches, there's no way you'll ever forget one of their bottles. And I mean this in the good way. 

49. Cold Country Vines and Wines (Wisconsin)

Cold Country is a perfect place if you're looking for a cold, sweet treat. Apart from their close location to Lake Michigan, the wine's taste is a true tribute to the Midwest and its flavors. Cold Country describes their wines best by saying that they "don’t attempt to imitate the wines of France or Napa Valley," but instead are looking to create their own signature taste. And trust me, it's a good one. 

50. Buffalo Jump Winery (Wyoming) 

And the final spot as one of the best wineries and vineyards in America goes to Buffalo Jump Winery in Cody, Wyoming. I honestly don't know where to begin. The atmosphere, the food, the wine, the staff—everything is just so particular and amazing. If you're looking for the best sangria ever or for some fun Sip n' Paint with your friends, there's no better place. 

Did your favorite vineyard made the list? Or perhaps you found a new favorite one? There are plenty of good wineries and vineyards in America, so next time you're itching to visit a new winery, don't assume Napa is your only option.