Valentines Day doesn’t have to be just an event for those in romantic relationships. This “day of love” can be used to spread some love with friends, gal pals, and even strangers. While the holiday has changed over the years, primary ways of celebrating  Valentines Day in modern times is by sending flowers, chocolates and other sweets, by having a fancy dinner, or doing something romantic with your significant other. Here are some of my ideas for things you can make and share with your S.O., gal pals, or friends based on the occasion. 

Have Time for Something Special: 

Make a heart shaped cake and decorate it with pretty frosted designs and icing roses. Some great combos are red velvet cake with frosting and raspberries, a white sponge with raspberry filling and buttercream frosting, or confetti cake with cream cheese frosting and sprinkles. 

Chocolate covered strawberries are simple but delicious. It does take a bit of time to make them and let the chocolate set, but the sweet treats are definitely worth it. You can do this with basically any fruit, orange slices are great with dark chocolate and raspberries dipped in white chocolate or (DF) yogurt are also a great option. 

strawberry, chocolate, berry
Delissa Handoko

Want Something with Protein:

Granola bars are a great to-go snack that can be as decadent as any candy bar but with more protein than your typical dessert presents. Some of my flavor items are KIND’s peanut butter chocolate bars and I just tried some of URBAN REMEDY’s Plant Based Protein Bars. I would defiantly recommend the Superfood Bar. Try the Matcha Energy Bar for tea lovers or the coco protein bar or sesame butter squares for nut-lovers. 

Mackenzie Laverick

Chocolate Covered Nuts are another great option. While these take a bit more time, you can make nut clusters out of whatever nut and chocolate combo you want. The picture below is peanuts in dark chocolate. Other good combos are cashews and white chocolate or almond bark, almonds and dark chocolate with sea salt, and honey roasted walnuts or pecans. 

Mackenzie Laverick

If You Want a Drink: 

If you’re celebrating with housemates or friends some great drinks are Shirley Temples with grenadine, maraschino cherries, and ginger ale or ginger soda. You can also make Dirty Shirley’s  if you’re of age by adding in some vodka. 

irty Shirley 

Another great drink for those of age is Rosé, which is a sweeter wine great for galentines day festivities. Throw on a rom-com or a fun movie with your gal pals, have some cake, rose, chocolate covered strawberries, and enjoy the night.

liquor, alcohol, wine, rosé wine, rosé, glasses, Bottle
Caroline Ingalls