The best part about going to school in a city is, without a doubt, all of the culture and cuisine that accompanies a larger population. However, sometimes even when you want a juicy rack of lamb, all you can afford is a bowl of ramen noodles. The solution to such a dilemma comes in the form of one of the most sacred food events to grace any city—Restaurant Week.

Boston’s Restaurant Week, renamed “Dine Out Boston,” is taking place March 1st-6th and March 8th-13th. It boasts 172 participating restaurants from around the city and surrounding neighborhoods. Each of these restaurants create a prix fixe menu for diners to chose from, sporting their best dishes for a reduced price. Diners can choose among restaurants offering lunches that range from $15, $20 and $25, and dinners that will fetch you $28, $33 or $38, depending on the location.

restaurant week

Photo by Aarthi Chezian

Among the array of options is Post 390. This self-proclaimed urban tavern and American grill gets real with serving up farm-to-table fare that even those with loans can afford for one evening. Located minutes away from the Copley T station, Post 390 will offer its special Restaurant Week menu for lunch at $25 a pop and dinner for $38.

According to the Boston Restaurant Week website, guests can start with a gratin of Maine crab & smoked haddock brandade with crostini and vegetable antipasto, then follow it with a grilled top sirloin of Brandt beef with mushroom barley ‘risotto’ and red wine horseradish butter. Finally, take the last plunge of indulgence into a variety of their house made sorbets or a decadent éclair with strawberry sauce and basil meringues. I think I need a moment alone…

restaurant week

Photo by Aarthi Chezian

Other participating restaurants include the Island Creek Oyster Bar, adjacent to East campus, and date-night favorite, Top of the Hub. Reservations can be made through the Restaurant Week website or through Open Table’s Dine Out Boston promotion site. Be sure to make your reservations quick before all of the spots are taken up!

For more scrumptious spots near and around the city, check these out: