There’s no need to buy expensive facial care products when sometimes, all it takes is a look inside your fridge for a quick skin therapy fix. When your skin looks healthier, it’s easy to feel better about yourself. Check out these foods and show your face a little extra love.

Strawberries

You might like strawberries for their sweet juiciness, but you should also thank them for their ability to get rid of pimples. According to Clear Skin HQ, strawberries’ antioxidants battle facial infections; so lather on a strawberry mask to treat acne. This power fruit also cleanses pores and eliminates eye swelling. So the next time you drop by Whole Foods or Jewel-Osco for some of these plump, crimson berries, save a couple for your face.

Best Foods for Your Face

Photo by Stephanie Lee

Honey

Perhaps using this sticky stuff as a facial product isn’t what you had in mind, but honey’s vitamins, amino acids and minerals actually nurture your skin. We recommend combining two tablespoons of honey with two teaspoons of water, spreading everything across your face and neck, and then waiting 15 minutes. This mixture acts as a skin moisturizer, and it’s less expensive than standard store-bought facial products.

Best Foods for Your Face

Photo by Stephanie Lee

Olive Oil

It was customary for the Greeks, Phoenicians, Egyptians and Romans to include olive oil in their daily skin regimes, according to NaturalSkincareSecrets.com. Extra virgin olive oil works great as a moisturizer. Its antioxidants restore skin that has been exposed to too much sun or unfavorable substances, such as pollution or cigarette smoke.

Best Foods for Your Face

Taken from oliveoilexcellence.com

Oatmeal

It’s time to break out the can of Quaker Oats for a skin treatment session. According to Livestrong.com, oatmeal contains amino acids that encourage skin health, and when applied as an oatmeal face mask, the amino acids promote healing. Oatmeal’s roughness exfoliates skin, leaving you with a healthy glow. Who knows – this just might be your new favorite low-cost beauty product.

Best Foods for Your Face

Photo by Stephanie Lee

Avocado

This one won’t take much convincing: avocado tastes great and is good for your face. When using an avocado face mask, remember the following tips. Use avocados that are not too firm – meaning that they are ripe – in order to increase spreadability. After mashing, mix with a little honey and olive oil, and then use your fingers to paint the mixture on your face. After 20 minutes, or when the mask is dry, use warm water to remove neatly.

Best Foods for Your Face

Photo by Stephanie Lee

Yogurt

Yogurt combats acne and smoothes skin, according to Organic Authority. It also lessens discoloration when mixed with a dab of lemon juice. With June creeping closer and closer, yogurt can alleviate the painful sunburn that’s all too common during the summer. Combine with a few drops of chamomile essential oil, and then apply the spread directly to the burns.

" src="https://spoonuniversity.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2013/04/yogurt-1024x682.jpg" alt="Best Foods for Your Face" width="1024" height="682" />

Photo by Stephanie Lee