As a JMU Duke, the hunt for the best food at JMU and on campus is a battle every one of us faces. One place I feel is not nearly appreciated enough is The Den located in Duke's Dining. Though brushed over by the general Duke and Dukettes, it is truly a gem waiting to be discovered. Not to mention they’re one of the only places on main campus open until midnight on weekdays which can come in handy. Their menu consists of not only breakfast but also lunch and dinner (not to mention their abundance of sweet treats!) If you’re in the mood for wraps or burgers, you name it and they most likely will have it. To help any new Den fans, here are my top 5 favorite things to get at my heaven on campus.

Top 5 Picks At The Den

1. Chicken Tenders: Hands down the best chicken on campus. Its crispness and flavor is out of this world. My go to meal!

2. Southwest Salad: Full of so much flavor, especially with the tangy chipotle sauce bursting in your mouth. This meal will leave you with a full stomach and feeling overly content.

3. Pancakes: If you’re in the mood for breakfast, this is the way to go. These pancakes are SO fluffy that eating them is like heaven on earth.

4. Chocolate OR Cookies and Cream Shake: These shakes are so thick, rich, and creamy that they'll leave you wanting more.

5. Cookie Sundae: The gooiest sweet treat you’ll ever have. Quite literally melts in your mouth!

This list will most likely assist you with your decision the next time you visit The Den, as I have created a list of the best food at JMU. It’s taken me months to taste-test the menu and find, what I consider, their top-tier meals. If none of those are appealing to you though, I guarantee anything you get at The Den will exceed your expectations, it always exceeds mine! If you are still looking for that perfect place to grub on campus, The Den is where you need to be. Hopefully, this helps my fellow Dukes in choosing where to dine next!