Throughout my college career, I've noticed an increasing trend in the amount of friends who seem to be dependent on coffee. As a college student it's important to find the best coffee that satisfies your caffeine addiction but that's also fairly affordable. To help everyone out, I've ranked the best fast food coffee options based on personal opinion regarding taste and price to determine which location should be your go-to.

7. Taco Bell 

Obviously, Taco Bell is not known for their amazing coffee, so that's why you can find their brew at the bottom of the list. At first sip, you can immediately taste the bitterness on your tongue and the aftertaste that it leaves in your throat is slightly sour. Their coffee is sold for $1.49, which is relatively cheap but not as cheap as most of the others on this list. If Taco Bell was the only coffee available, I would definitely drink it again but it's not my first choice. 

6. Wendy's

Wendy's coffee definitely surprised me. Their coffee seems to be a nice mixture of cocoa and bitter flavors. It'd be higher up on this list if the acidity didn't make me cringe a little. Wendy's seemed to have some of the cheapest coffee out of the others on the list at $0.99, which makes it even more appealing. Next time I'm sitting in the Wendy's drive-thru feeling tired, I'll most likely order some more coffee.   

5. In-N-Out

I know what you're thinking. "In-N-Out has coffee?!" That's exactly what I thought when I was ordering my meal through the drive-thru and happened to glance at the menu to see that they offer Kona Coffee. Kona Coffee is one of my favorite brand of beans, so when I saw this I got excited.

After tasting this coffee, I was slightly un impressed. While the taste was good, it seemed to be more bitter and leave a lasting sour taste in my mouth. A cup of coffee from In-N-Out goes for $1.35, which is pretty average for fast food coffee. If you're wanting Kona Coffee, I would suggest going to the grocery store and buying some there. If you're on a time crush, In-N-Out's Kona is close enough to the original.

4. McDonald's

McDonald's coffee smells just like the coffee your parents used to make in the mornings. At first taste, it's a little too bitter, but as it cools down it becomes better and better. A good thing about their coffee is that they have cappuccinos, lattes, frappes, and flavored coffee, which makes it popular for those who might not always want their coffee black. A cup of coffee at McDonalds goes for $1.29. McDonalds coffee wouldn't be my first choice, but its taste is good enough to land its place at number 4 on my list. 

3. Einstein Bros 

When I'm at Einstein Bros getting a bagel for breakfast, I'll add coffee to my order. The taste of Einstein Bros' coffee is superior to most other fast food restaurants and, similar to McDonald's, they offer many flavors and kinds of coffee to satisfy the needs of all coffee lovers. A cup of coffee at Einstein Bros goes for $2.19, which is a bit pricey compared to the others on this list, but if you're already there, why not treat yourself to a good cup of coffee, too?

2. Chick-fil-A

Chick-fil-A's coffee is pretty high up on this list because their coffee is a good combination of acidity and sweetness. You can tell immediately after your first sip that you're drinking quality coffee. You could easily get this quality of coffee at your local coffee shop. This cup of joe is a bit pricier at $1.95 a cup, but it's worth every penny. Plus, the Chick-fil-A workers are friendly, so you're assured that you start your day off with a smile.  

1. Dunkin' Donuts 

Dunkin' Donuts is easily the best fast food coffee on this list. They have so many flavored syrups that you could try a new cup of coffee every day for weeks. Normally, I'd order an iced coffee from Dunkin' Donuts, but I decided to give their black coffee a chance the last time I visited and I'm glad I did. Their coffee is different from all of the others on this list because it contains the perfect amount of sweetness without needing sugar, yet still is slightly bitter. A cup of coffee from Dunkin' Donuts goes for $1.79. Overall, if I had to choose, I would pick Dunkin' Donuts coffee over any of the others on this list. 

I might not be a professional coffee critic, but after trying all of the coffee on this list, I feel as though I can at least pretend that I am. Hopefully, this list is just what you need when you find yourself in a time crunch wondering where you can get the best fast food coffee when you're in a rush.

#SpoonTip: Not happy with your cup of joe? Try one of these 10 add-ins to make coffee taste better.