Let’s start by being honest with ourselves; the best way to breakfast is via sandwich. Your basic sandwich has all your breakfast essentials: bacon, eggs, cheese, bagel. I can’t think of any reason why I would eat these things separately when I can simply eat them together. Sometimes, DIY breakfast at the DC just doesn’t do it for you. So here are some places around Haverford that just know how to do breakfast right:

Bruegger’s Bagels

breakfast

Photo by Ian Alers

If you haven’t been to Bruegger’s, you need to reevaluate some things. First off, they have 12 different sandwiches to choose from so most likely you’re going to find a sandwich to fall in love with. I fell in love with their Skinny Zesty Egg White sandwich 3 years ago and haven’t looked back. Also, it’s located in walking distance from school; Haverford’s main entrance is only 0.1 mile to Bruegger’s front door. I’m not going to tell you how to live your life but I’ve never left here feeling anything but satisfied.

Jeannie’s Deli

breakfast

Photo by Amy Schulman

Jeanie’s has your classic BEC, SEC, PREC options. They also have steak, turkey bacon and scrapple available to make your breakfast dreams a reality. Jeanie’s is special for two reasons. First, you can have your sandwich on a bagel, an english muffin or a kaiser roll and for $0.25 extra, you can throw that baby on a croissant roll or turn it into a wrap. Second, they deliver and nothing is better than delivery on a sunday morning when moving seems nearly impossible.

Ardmore Station Cafe

breakfast

Photo courtesy of @ardmorecafe on Instagram

You can’t really go wrong at Ardmore Station. They also have the classic breakfast sandwiches like Jeanie’s, with a their spinach, bacon, egg and cheese sandwich being a fan favorite. They also have four breakfast burrito choices as well as four eggs benedict options on the weekends, all of which are great choices to indulge on. If you go there on a weekend though, prepare to wait because they are bumpin’ every Saturday and Sunday. But don’t worry, it’s worth the wait.

Sabrina’s

breakfast

Photo by Devon Flinn

Sabrina’s is a classic breakfast option if you’re looking for a diverse menu. But if you want a fun breakfast sandwich you have to put in extra work. They have a simple egg and cheese sandwich with the option of two added toppings of your choice, and meat for an extra dollar which, if you ask me, should never be extra.

McDonald’s

breakfast

Photo courtesy of Mike Mozart via flickr.com

McDonald’s makes the list because it is also pretty much in walking distance from Haverford. They are also noteworthy because of the much-awaited all-day breakfast decision. It’s also important to try a McGriddle at least once in your life. There’s just something about a breakfast sandwich that incorporates maple-filled pancakes that deserves some recognition.