Of all the classic tastes in the frozen drink industry, the 7-Eleven Slurpee (in its many flavors) stand on top. Ironically, this treasured gas station treat was invented by mistake. With endless dessert options out there, sometimes you need a little guidance. That's where I come in. From my years of Slurpee experiences, I consider myself a Slurpee fanatic who is capable of ranking the best 7-Eleven Slurpee flavors.

I know what you're thinking: Am I qualified to do such a heavy, intense task? To be quite frank, I am extremely qualified, and my history with the icy beverage goes far back. 

My Qualifications as a Slurpee Connoisseur 

Ryan Wagner

To say that the 7-Eleven Slurpee has been present in more moments of my life than many of my close friends is not an exaggeration. This icy beverage plays a role in several milestones. Where did I go right after my high school graduation? To get a Slurpee—a Coke mixed with Wild Cherry Slurpee to be exact—cap and gown and all. 

Where have I gone on too many birthdays to count? You guessed it, to get a free, large Slurpee, courtesy of George (the owner of my local 7-Eleven). If the fact that I'm on a first-name basis with the owner and have shared life stories with him over a medium-sized Slurpee is any indication, the 7-Eleven Slurpee holds a special place in my heart. 

With my credentials in order, let's get to the list. Here are the seven best 7-Eleven Slurpee flavors, ranked.

7. Black Cherry Pepsi 

I love Cherry Pepsi, I really do. Unfortunately, the 7-Eleven Slurpee version of one of my favorite drinks tends to fall into the realm of disappointment. I tried this flavor on multiple occasions, and I thought it was pretty tasty. But, it is nowhere near the triumph of its soda counterpart. 

6. Piña Colada

If you're an avid Piña Colada drinker, chances are you'll enjoy this flavor. The first couple sips demonstrate the sweetness of pineapple and the creaminess of coconut. It's a refreshing Slurpee that reminds me that the sun does indeed exist as I walk out into the snowy oblivion that is upstate New York winter. If the composition of flavors were a little sweeter, this Slurpee would be a top three contender.

5. Blue Raspberry

Sierra Gaw

What is blue raspberry flavor? I'm not totally sure, but I love everything that it is. This is probably one of the sweeter flavors around, so drink with caution. To reduce the potential overwhelming amount of sweetness, I recommend mixing it with another flavor. I suggest mixing Blue Raspberry and Wild Cherry together for a heavenly combination. 

Another slight issue with the Blue Raspberry Slurpee is the side effect of a blue mouth for up to 48 hours, which proves inconvenient at times. Choose to drink this flavor on a day when you don't have any serious commitments. 

#SpoonTip: Should you want a large dose of Blue Raspberry Slurpee in your life, pair it with a salty snack like Frito's or your favorite bag of chips. It'll balance that sweetness out. 

4. Mountain Dew

If you're like me and drink Mountain Dew exclusively while writing a paper at 4 am in a fit of contempt for your sleep schedule and your grade, then I am pleased to say that there is a better alternative to drinking straight soda. Why not do all of that, but in Slurpee form?

The Mountain Dew Slurpee tastes exactly like the real thing, but you feel better drinking a Slurpee form in the early hours of the morning than chugging the yellowish-green concoction from the bottle. The combination of the icy drink's texture and the flavor of the famous soda will relax you in the darkest of times and remind you that comfort food (or drink, in this case) is called that for a reason. 

If not for its superior cousin, Mountain Dew would be in the top three.

3. Blue Shock Mountain Dew

A hybrid of Blue Raspberry and Mountain Dew, Blue Shock takes the very best of these flavors as you experience the right amount of sweetness from the blue raspberry with the fizzy kick of Mountain Dew. This flavor never fails to leave me refreshed.

2. Wild Cherry

Sierra Gaw

Cherry is fantastic across the board and the best of the fruit-based Slurpee flavors. Though it is “wild,” this is the flavor that you would bring home to your parents, if it were possible. Always dependable, cherry is a staple of many 7-Eleven establishments and easily combines with a variety of Slurpees like Mountain Dew and Coke. It is also more than capable of standing out on its own in a zingy, luscious fashion.

1. Coke

Sierra Gaw

If Wild Cherry is the staple of 7-Eleven Slurpee flavors, Coke is the classic. Like its soda counterpart, Coke is addicting in the best way possible (except for your dental bills). There is little else to say other than it's the flavor that can be enjoyed by Slurpee novices and experts alike with blissful results guaranteed.

With my ranking of the best 7-Eleven Slurpee flavors, I hope that this opens up friendly discourse among Slurpee lovers as to your personal favorites. Instead of getting the same flavor that you've been buying for the last five years, I invite you to step out of your comfort zone and explore the wonderful Slurpee experiences that are available 24/7 at 7-Eleven.