Ben & Jerry's, as some might agree, is a novel treat for ice cream lovers everywhere. However, Ben and Jerry recently posted their support for the Black Lives Matter movement online, and they’ve gotten quite the reaction for it.

On their website, they explain why Black Lives Matter and why they feel everyone should join the movement.  

The site’s article talks about how we need to overcome systematic racism, and admits that it is an actual struggle in today's society. To them, it is not enough to just listen anymore, we need to understand those looking each day for justice. 

They include that the first step to overcoming racism and injustice is to confess that there is a problem.

It became clear to Ben and Jerry that they had moral obligation to the movement, as they watched the list of black Americans killed by police grow larger and larger each day.

"But we do believe that — whether Black, brown, white, or blue — our nation and our very way of life is dependent on the principle of all people being served equal justice under the law."

No one is trying to point fingers here! Neither Ben or Jerry are trying put the blame on the police; they are trying to encourage everyone to come together as a nation with dignity and justice. 

"All lives do matter. But all lives will not matter until Black lives matter."

Also, this is not the first time Ben & Jerry's has made a public opinion on a serious topic. Back in 1989, Ben & Jerry's offered health insurance for the LGBT. They were Vermont's first major employer to do this, and they say they "haven't spent one minute regretting it."

From then on, they've continued to support equal rights, and now, they'll continue to support Black Lives Matter.