I'm not here to judge, I'm here to help guide you to sweet release via breakfast. This guide can also be utilized by those who are not experiencing a hangover from hell. I once heard something along the lines of, "Alcohol steals happiness from the next day".

I've experienced enough of my own hangovers to be unable to disagree, but with this guide, happiness is waiting inside the doors of these amazing local breakfast places.

Oldtown Cafe

The Oldtown Cafe is dank and everyone in Bellingham knows it. Getting a table on the weekends requires a very early arrival: I'm talking like 9 a.m. friends. 

It is so worth it and I will believe in you even when you can't believe in yourself. Chug some Pedialyte, take a shower, tell that dude to get out of your bed and get a move on. If you're lucky enough to wake up drunk, you need to get ahead of the hangover in your near future and keep riding that wave with Oldtown Mimosas in addition to your breakfast. 

My breakfast recommendation is the Farmers Skillet (#11) with Homefries, grilled onions, peppers, mushrooms, celery, and cheddar cheese, with sour scream and salsa. There's something so pleasing and distracting when diving into a classic breakfast with a delicious twist of grilled onions and celery. If you're feeling extra defeated order the #11 1/2, where they add 2 eggs and your choice of toast or corn tortillas. 

Address: 316 W Holly St, Bellingham, WA 98225

Hours: Monday - Saturday 6:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday 8 a.m. to 2 p.m

Horseshoe Cafe

The Horseshoe Cafe is located off of Holly Street near the nightlife hotspots like State Street Bar and Beaver Inn, The Royal and (God forbid) The Underground. This location is best after the bars are closed and you're searching for something to soak up those 10 G&T's you just pounded. 

While 2 a.m. is only technically the morning and is open at more acceptable breakfast times like 10 a.m., I recommend it as a delicious preventive measure to your impending hangover from hell. Remember those G&T's? Yeah you don't, which is exactly why you need The Horseshoe.

I don't want to be over dramatic, but the Loaded Stuffed Hash will make you believe in love again. A variety of cheeses, bacon and green onions, delicately placed in between two layers of golden hash-browns topped with a sour cream drizzle, is the amazing "breakfast" that will introduce your body to much needed carbs and protein.

Address: 113 East Holly St, Bellingham, WA 98225 

Hours: Sunday-Thursday 9 a.m. to 2 a.m. Friday-Saturday 9 a.m. to 3 a.m.

Avenue Bread

Probably because Avenue Bread is a community staple in Bellingham and every time I go in looking and feeling defeated, I either see an ex, a distant acquaintance from a class we had last quarter who insists on small talk, or a professor, so if you look how you feel - it might be best to get this order to go. 

Y'all, I have been sleeping on chicken sausage for so long and if you have too then its time to wake the f*%k up. It's like a breakfast unicorn, when you find it, you need to ride it. The breakfast dish I recommend is the Three Way Egg #18 with chicken sausage, basil, red pepper, & provolone, (you can get this scrambled, piled up, or as an omelette) served with hash browns and grilled artisan toast.

The only thing that would ever make me question my love for hash browns is Avenue Bread's... bread. You can get down any which way on their Sourdough, Rosemary, Multigrain, Rustic Wheat, and many more. Me, you ask? I am a slut for rosemary bread. This breakfast will get you full and ready for the fight ahead.

Pile that sweet #18 on the bread of your choice and allow the flavors to distract you from the marching band competing at regionals in your head. While this breakfast does not replace the love of a mother, it is pretty darn close. 

Address: 1313 Railroad Ave, Bellingham WA 98225

Hours: Sunday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Saturday 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.

If these breakfast options can't do the trick for your hangover, I always recommend some mint tea, and a nice CBD. Good luck my friends. 

If you're unable to escape the hands of the devil himself because of your hangover from hell and need to stay home, check out 3 Breakfasts That Will Cure Your Hangover where you can heal from the comfort of your home.