The Bay Area currently has over 100 food trucks serving delicious food on the streets. Even though you can get any type of food delivered by sending a text, you have to make a trip to the Bay Area to get their great, locally-sourced food. The locations of the Bay Area food trucks are always changing; the best ways to stay on top of where your favorite truck is to follow them on Twitter.

1. El Tonayense

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

El Tonayense has been located in the Mission District for over 15 years. In Mexico, there are taco stands at every corner. El Tonayense’s goal is to serve their customers authentic Mexican food.

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of chezpei.com

2. Tacos El Gordo

Bay Area

Photo by Ian Kasley

Speaking as a foodie, these tacos are one of the best I’ve ever had. Their tacos are made with all the best ingredients and melt in your mouth. Yum.

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of tacoselgordobc.com

3. Taco Guys

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of sfchronicle.com

The Taco Guys are Jason Hoffman and Justin Close who have worked for decades in the most prestigious restaurants in the Bay Area. They are serious lovers of food. They dream, breath, and talk food.

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of wordpress.com

4. Taqueria Sinaloa

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of kqed.org

This burrito stand will make you never want to go back to Chipotle. This is the perfect spot for some cheap, great late night food.

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of flavorhoodoakland.com

5. KoJa Kitchen

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

What is KoJa? KoJa is a special sandwich which is infused with an amazing combination of Japanese and Korean flavors. To make this sandwich even better, KoJa Kitchen amps it up with freshly made crispy garlic rice buns.

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of thefoodspotlight.com

6. The Chairman

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Chef Hiroo Nagahara is the culinary genius behind The Chairman. Their buns are made by “Clement Restaurant,” which is a family-owned restaurant that has been making buns for over 40 years.

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of sfoutsidelands.com

7. J-Shack

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of jshacksf.com

J-Shack is the first food truck in the Bay Area that specializes in Japanese style crepes. In the mid ’70s, crepes started to become popular on Takeshita Street in the Harajuku District of Tokyo. Japanese crepes are different from French style; Japanese crepes are more casual and folded perfectly for a hand held pastry.

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of jshacksf.com

8. Pluck

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of facebook.com

Pluck is a new food truck in the Bay Area specializing in duck dishes. Their duck pastrami, duck confit, and smoked duck breast are all made in-house.

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

9. Fins on the Hoof

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of friskyfoodtrucks.com

Fins on the Hoof is a San Francisco based Gastrotruck specializing in sea and land preparations. They use locally sourced ingredients and make hand-crafted street food that is dank.

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of foodspotting.com

10. Mayo and Mustard

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of friskyfoodtrucks.com

Mayo and Mustard is a new gourmet food truck that offers hot deli sandwiches. They claim to capture love in every sandwich and it couldn’t be closer to the truth.

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

11. Liba Falafel

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of friskyfoodtrucks.com

Liba Falafel serves falafel sandwiches and salads with an unconventional dress-your-own falafel bar. This bar is full of salads, pickles, and sauces.

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of flightcentre.com.au

12. Sam’s Chowder Mobile

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of roaminghunger.com

Sam’s food truck offers warm and delicious New England clam chowder. Speaking as someone who was raised on Cape Cod, this one is top notch.

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of behindthefoodcarts.com

13. Del Popolo

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of 7×7.com

In May of 2012, Del Popolo launched as a mobile pizzeria. They make neapolitan-inspired style pizza in a glass enclosed shipping container on a Freightliner truck.

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of roaminghunger.com

14. All Good Pizza

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of keith-eats.blogspot.com

Everything served at All Good Pizza is made from scratch. They serve brick oven pizza, paninis, fresh salads, links, house made beverages, beer and wine.

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

15. Bowl’d Açai

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of gffmag.com

Bowl’d Acai is the production of the long lasting friendship of Reza Morvarid and Angel Serratos. Growing up in San Fran, they fell in love with being active and staying healthy. Therefore, Bowl’d Acai is now on the streets of San Fran.

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

16. Johnny Doughnuts

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of sfgate.com

Donuts in general are something that is quite simplistically amazing, but Johnny’s are on another planet than your average doughnut. Johnny Doughnuts are inspired by local ingredients, seasons, and are steeped in doughnut history.

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of johnnydoughnuts.com

17. Garden Creamery

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of foodtrucksin.com

As a kid growing up in Hawaii, Erin could not get enough of sweet cold treats. When she got to California, before she even rode a cable car, she was selling sweet cold treats on the street. Today, Erin makes small batches of treats with only local ingredients.

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of pinterest.com

18. Wanna-E

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of blogspot.com

Wanna-E was formed by food lovers from Mandalay, Myanmar. Their goal was to bring those great flavors of their hometown to the streets of San Francisco.

Bay Area

Photo courtsesy of wlart12.deviantart.com

19. El Sur

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of missiondispatchsf.com

El Sur makes homemade Argentine-style empanadas that are served from their oven in their truck. Their goal is to preserve the traditional artisanal way of making empanadas.

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of pinterest.com

20. Dum

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of roaminghunger.com

The primary focus of this truck is biryani. Biryani is an indian style mixed rice dish. It is made with spices, rice, vegetables, and meat.

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of dumsf.com

21. Cupkates

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of friskyfoodtrucks.com

Cupkates was the first cupcake food truck in the Bay Area. Their cupcakes are made fresh daily, using only the highest quality, local ingredients.

Bay Area

22. Curry up Now

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of curryupnow.com

Curry Up Now started with one truck in 2009 and is now five trucks serving the Bay Area. Their chefs are passionate about being the highest quality indian food with a friendly presentation.

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of curryupnow.com

23. El Gallo Giro

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of followmefoodie.com

There is a giant competition in San Francisco about who sells the best taco. El Gallo Giro has been rumored to be the best. Now that’s a competition I would love to be a judge in, just don’t forget water.

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of lataco.com

24. Hella Vegan Eats

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of hellaveganeats.com

Tiff and Sylvee got married in 2009 and started a honeymoon adventure that is still going on. They’ve traveled to Mexico to Central America to connect to their Latin American roots.

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of missionmission.org

25. Adam’s Grub Truck

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Adam’s Grub Truck serves traditional Asian flavors with an American comfort food twist.

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of roaminghunger.com

26. Frozen Kuhsterd

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of frozenkuhsterd.com

Frozen Kuhsterd started in 2011 with the goal to bring unique frozen desserts to the Bay Area. With 37 different types of frozen goodness, this is a can’t miss food truck on a hot summer day.

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of gogobot.com

27. Senor Sisig

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of insidescoopsf.sfgate.com

Evan Kidera and Gil Payumo’s food truck has a special twist on the traditional Filipino dish sisig. Sisig is usually made from parts of a pig’s head and brought to a butcher, Senor Sisig uses the pig’s shoulder.

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of senorsisig.com

28. Casey’s Pizza

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of youngvoicesadvocates.com

Started in 2011, Casey’s was the first pizza truck in the Bay Area that creates neapolitan pizzas that are inspired by New York pizza. When Casey moved to the Bay Area, he was searching for west coast style pizza and therefore created Casey’s Pizza.

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

29. Off the Grid

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of sfweekly.com

Off the Grid started on the premise that any great food truck should start — to bring people together by great food. Off the Grid’s goal is to connect with the Bay Area community as much as possible.

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of axs.com

30. The Steamin’ Burger

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of bestfoodtrucksbayarea.com

This is the only steamed burger food truck in the United States. Steamed burgers are a healthier alternative to the classic grilled burger. They are cooked with steam so there is no grease or oil added during cooking.

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

31. Bacon Bacon

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of brokeassstuart.com

There is something about bacon that is kinda amazing, yes it might not be the best thing for you, but it is literally to die for. One thing this amazing food truck has, and is my personal favorite, is chocolate covered bacon.

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of chocollazo.com

32. Sugar Tree Sweets

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of wordpress.com

This food truck is a little different than your traditional fried food truck. Instead of ordering at the window, this truck is a portable candy store. You can go into the truck and you are transported into an adorable little candy store.

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of sugartreesweets.com

33. Grilled Cheese Bandits

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of wordpress.com

There is no better comfort food than a grilled cheese. If you’re looking to have a well balanced comfort meal, this truck also sells tomato soap.

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

34. Ebbett’s To Go 

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of berkeleyside.com

Ebbett’s To Go has a limited menu in order to serve the most delicious and high quality food. When you visit Ebbett’s, you have to try the cranberry walnut chicken salad sandwich.

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of foodspotting.com

35. Voodoo Van

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of friskyfoodtrucks.com

If I’m ever in the San Francisco area again, the is my first stop. Not only do they serve great meaty food, but they also have great vegetarian options.

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of sfweekly.com

36. The Creme Brulee Cart

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of waynechoudesign.com

This cart started in 2009 in the middle of the economic downturn. The owner Curtis thought that a dessert cart in the back alley of the mission would inspire some community involvement.

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of kitchenetteblog.com

37. Seoul On Wheels

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of cbslocal.com

Seoul on Wheels sells the dankest korean bbq on this side of the Pecos.

Bay Area

Photo courtesy of inuyaki.com