It's been ridiculously hot this summer, and finding ways to cool off has become something of a challenge. Thanks to the heat, trying to enjoy a scoop of ice cream is impossible since it melts the second you get it. What's even worse is trying to slurp down an iced coffee and the ice cubes melt faster than they should, leaving you with a watered-down drink. Luckily, Baskin-Robbins has combined our love of ice cream with caffeine by releasing two new Freeze flavors made with energy drinks, aka Energy Freezes. 

Baskin-Robbins' Freezes are a combination of a frozen dessert and soda, mixed together to make a sort of milkshake/slushy. Up until now, they only had two types of Freezes, Sprite and Rainbow Sherbet or Coke and vanilla ice cream. The new Energy Freezes, however, swap out the soda for your choice of Monster Energy or NOS Energy, leaving you with a caffeinated frozen treat that's sure to provide "a boost of energy as [you] try to stay cool in the summer heat." 

It's recommended (encouraged) that you mix it with their Wild 'n Reckless Sherbet—an outrageously colorful frozen dessert blending together green apple, blue raspberry, and fruit punch-flavored sherbet—but you always have the choice of mixing it with any kind of ice cream, sherbet, or ice that you want. 

Keep in mind that the energy drinks do have their own flavors, and will change the way your frozen treat will taste. According to Bustle, NOS Energy's drink resembles "something citrus-esque," with some claiming it tastes like grapefruit. Monster Energy, on the other hand, is hard to tell what it's suppose to taste like. Some people say it tastes like Sprite and pineapple, but Monster hasn't said whether it's true or not. So, we're basically left in the dark.

Most energy drinks do have a kind of bitter, sour, and tart taste to them, so going with something more citrusy (like sherbet) to balance it out is a no-brainer. But, who's to say you can't mix it with whatever flavor you want? If you want chocolate, add some freaking chocolate. I doubt it'll taste good, but at least it's your own badass version of a Freeze.

All I know is that one 16 oz can of Monster Energy or NOS Energy contains 160 mg of caffeine. So, you can only imagine how much of a caffeine and sugar rush you'll get from an Energy Freeze. Kind of sounds like a heart attack in the making, TBH. 

Personally, I wouldn't mind trying one of these. I'm a big fan of Monster Energy drinks since I don't get the usual caffeine crash drinking them the way I do with coffee. Plus, I love ice cream. It's definitely an unusual mix and I'm not sure I'd start my morning off with one, but it sounds perfect as a midday snack for when you need that extra kick.

Baskin-Robbins new Energy Freezes will only be available until Aug. 31. So, do yourself a favor and treat yo self to one today. For more info on the new items, check out Baskin-Robbins' website.