Welcome to TikTok Taste Test, where every week national writer Allison Reinhardt spotlights a trending TikTok recipe so you can know the latest and greatest viral food trends worth checking out.  

If you were an avid banana bread baker in quarantine like I was, you probably have a favorite recipe that will always be your go-to. But these sweet and decadent banana pudding bars are a fun, upgraded version of that classic banana bread. Gaining 2.3M views in just three days, @thepalatablelife’s innovative banana dessert has mesmerized the foodies of TikTok. 

@thepalatablelife starts by making brown butter, which instantly adds richness and depth to any dessert. She then mixes the wet ingredients, including mashed banana, and sifts in the dry ingredients to make that sweet, banana bread-like base. After pouring the batter into a pan and baking at 350 degrees Fahrenheit, it’s time to make the frosting.

Where this recipe differs from your typical banana bread is the frosting — not just any frosting, but banana pudding as the frosting. What could be better? Finished off with a vanilla wafer and fresh banana slice, these bars are just as adorable as they are delicious. I can’t wait to try out this recipe soon and see how it compares to my favorite banana bread, (which is Chrissy Teigen’s recipe if you were wondering.) Spoon social editor Lauren Dozier tried her hand at the recipe and says the bars taste like banana bread dressed up for a birthday party. 

Make sure to try out these incredible banana pudding bars, and tune in next week for the newest TikTok trending recipe!