On Sunday, September 15, after a brief rain scare, the Spoon Georgetown team geared up to serve some grub to new and returning Hoyas. We teamed up with the Georgetown University Grilling Society, better known as GUGS, to grill up some burgers and dogs (and their veggie counterparts), accompanied by a make-your-own sundae bar. All food was generously provided by Whole Foods P Street, where we picked up the best cookout treats we could find.

cookout

Photo by Emma Delaney

By noon, music was blasting and students were lining up to grab a burger or dog fresh off the grill. Lunch was followed by sundaes in a variety of flavors like chocolate, coffee, and cookies and cream, with enough toppings to kick off a serious sugar high for the rest of the day. (Hot fudge, step aside – mini cinnamon buns and chocolate pretzels are here to take your place.) And, of course, what goes better with sundaes than chocolate-covered spoons?

cookout

Photo by Emma Delaney

Thanks to all the Hoyas who stopped by to Spoon with us, and special thanks to the Whole Foods Markets in the Georgetown area for helping to make this event so awesome. Keep an eye out for other events from our branch throughout the rest of the year as we bring even more good eats to the Hilltop!

cookout

Photo by Emma Delaney

team

cookout

Photo by Emma Delaney

cookout

Photo by Emma Delaney

cookout

Photo by Emma Delaney