Once the school year begins, it can be overwhelming to plan a nutritious and filling breakfast and extremely challenging to wake up early enough to eat a well-balanced meal to start your day. To help solve this problem, I’ve created a list of simple and easy healthy breakfast items you can quickly make the night before class or grab on your way out the door.

#1: MUSH Overnight Oats

When you’re running late for class and want to head out the door, MUSH Overnight Oats is the perfect solution. MUSH makes ready-to-eat oats with clean ingredients to give you natural energy. They come in a variety of delicious flavors including Apple Cinnamon, Blueberry, Vanilla Bean, Dark Chocolate, Coffee Coconut, Mixed Berry, Strawberry, Peanut Butter Swirl Crunch, Vanilla Almond Crunch, and Honey Nut Crunch. I can always count on MUSH to fuel my mind, body, and taste buds.

#2: Avocado Toast

One of my favorite breakfasts is the trendy and healthy food favorite: avocado toast. Avocado toast never disappoints whether it’s topped with an egg, tomato, Everything But the Bagel seasoning from Trader Joe's, or drizzled with balsamic glaze. Whenever I’m in a rush, I slice an avocado and lay it on top of a slice of Wasa multi-grain bread. No matter what toppings you use, avocado toast never disappoints as it’s always the right combination of crunchy and creamy.

Emily Greiff

#3: Peanut Butter Energy Bites

For all of my peanut butter fans, energy bites are super easy and delicious to prepare for breakfast. You only need five ingredients: peanut butter, old-fashioned oats, flax seeds, honey, and chocolate chips. This recipe is very versatile, meaning you can swap any ingredients for the ones you prefer. For example, you can use any nut butter or type of chocolate chip. Once you combine all of your ingredients, place the bowl in the refrigerator for 15-30 minutes so the mixture is easier to handle. Then, simply roll the mixture into bite-sized pieces and store them in the fridge for up to a week. Energy bites are the perfect on-the-go snack to give you energy throughout the day.

#4: Yogurt Parfait

My absolute go-to breakfast item is a yogurt parfait. Yogurt parfaits are healthy and extremely simple to make. Use any yogurt of your liking and toss on some of your favorite fresh berries. Finally, top it off with yummy granola for some crunch. These bowls are always light and refreshing to start the day with. 

#5: Smoothies

Smoothies are a great customizable and filling drink option. You can use yogurt, almond milk, or oat milk as your base. Then, you can add all of your favorite frozen or fresh fruits or even vegetables! My Nutribullet Personal Blender is one of the best purchases I've made for my dorm. Whenever I’m running late, I throw frozen strawberries, bananas, and almond milk in my blender to make a nutritious smoothie.

With these quick and easy breakfast recipes, there’s no excuse for leaving for the day without fueling up! Any of these recipes is sure to give you a nutritious and yummy start to your day.