If you’re reading this article, you probably like eggs a lot. It turns out, so does everyone else. All around the world, experienced chefs, casual foodies and food critics are all about being innovative and creative in their meals, finding new ways to frame something already beloved.

At the risk of sounding a little too obsessed, I’ve decided that eggs are among the most all-around diverse foods out there. You can fry, poach, grill, bake, mix, slice, boil and so much more. If you ever get bored of your daily egg routines, I am offering you a way out.

Here’s a short list to get you guys inspired about egg dishes and food in general. The color and imagination that have gone into many of these creations are incredible (and totally mouth-watering).

1. United States: Egg Salad Sandwich

egg

Photo courtesy of @srkelley19 on Instagram

This American classic is the perfect snack on a warm summer day, preferably at a picnic, preferably on Fourth of July. The beauty of the egg salad sandwich comes in the fact that there are tons of creative options to go with. Toss in some celery slices, add some cayenne pepper, maybe a dash of parsley or eat it completely plain. Whichever option you go with, this savory sandwich will definitely satisfy your cravings.

#SpoonTip: Egg salad sandwiches with avocado will blow your mind.

2. North Africa: Shakshuka

egg

Photo courtesy of @ladybearfeasts on Instagram

There are many reasons to put the work into making shakshuka. First of all, it sounds like some crazy, high-intensity martial arts move, or the name of a superhero. It also looks beautiful on your Instagram. Most of all, this North African egg dish combines breakfast, lunch and dinner in a spicy blend of tomatoes, chili peppers, onions, various spices and, of course, poached eggs.

Though it is of Tunisian origin, shakshuka is very well-known in many Middle Eastern cultures (especially Israel), and it has every reason to be popular within your home too. Eat it with a slice or two of challah bread, and you’re good to go.

3. Mexico: Huevos Divorciados

egg

Photo courtesy of @reicheru on Instagram

This authentic Mexican breakfast is the epitome of the saying “opposites attract.” Translated, the name means “divorced eggs”, since two fried eggs, one served under salsa rojo and the other served under salsa verde, are separated by a line of refried beans. Each egg is nestled on its own crispy tortilla, giving the dish a satisfying crunch in each bite. Whip up some guacamole and fry up some spicy breakfast potatoes to make this breakfast option even more filling.

4. France: Egg Souffle

egg

Photo courtesy of @iamshayella on Instagram

There are all sorts of soufflés nowadays, but this traditional French egg soufflé is absolutely heavenly. Picture this: a warm, baked egg dish puffed into a delicate, flavorful burst of cheese and egg (admittedly one of most rewarding breakfast combinations). It originated in early 18th century France, and can typically be found at many French cafés, but the variety of different textures and savory flavors makes it a universally loved dish.

5. Germany: Quiche Lorraine

egg

Photo courtesy of @hawajh on Instagram

Quiche Lorraine is the ultimate brunch dish. With a flaky butter crust, egg filling, and thick, cheesy layers, it’s both rich and scrumptious. Toss whatever you want into this one: cheese, bacon, vegetables and sometimes even seafood work really well here, especially since the open-faced pastry crust shows off the colorful ingredients. It’s a very traditional brunch dish now, but it originally came from Germany and – fun fact – the word “quiche” comes from the German word “kuchen”, meaning “cake”.

6. China: Egg Flower Soup

egg

Photo courtesy of @katiestewarttv on Instagram

Light flavors and clear broth make for an easy dish that completely hits the spot. Maybe you’re feeling a little under the weather, or it could be rainy and cold outside, or your friends are just in the mood for a good bowl of soup. Chinese Egg Flower Soup is simple, but feel free to dress it up with sweet corn, some cilantro, or pieces of crab meat. This soup can actually be found in various regions, so experiment a little!

7. Japan: Tamagoyaki

egg

Photo courtesy of @queency_sanchez on Instagram

This one is a Japanese-style omelet. Though most of these other egg dishes fall into the savory category, tamagoyaki is a sweeter, cake-like snack. It’s essentially several layers of cooked egg rolled together into a typical breakfast dish or as a part of a sushi meal. It’s much thicker than you’d expect, and serves as an excellent palette-cleanser if you’re going to pair this with some sashimi sides. This is definitely a different taste, but if you go in thinking “cake” rather than “egg”, you’re going to be just fine.

8. India: Egg Curry

egg

Photo courtesy of @allrecipeshub on Instagram

This dish involves classic Indian approaches to layering zesty flavors, while adding the soft texture of hard-boiled eggs. Known for being a intensely aromatic dish, egg curry uses many Indian spices and seasonal tomatoes to conjure up a fiery flavor. Though many of us may not be used to eggs and curry going hand in hand, the combination is surprisingly comforting.

9. Italy: Deviled Eggs

egg

Photo courtesy of @modestmarce on Instagram

Deviled eggs have certainly made their way into many European cultures, but they originated in Ancient Rome. The recipe is fairly simple, but deviled eggs used to be offered to only the wealthiest guests at banquets. If you haven’t tried these before, the main ingredients are eggs (duh), mayonnaise and mustard. With the addition of cayenne pepper, curry powder, paprika, and other dynamic spices, deviled eggs prove to be a delicious (and very common) holiday or party snack.

10. Ecuador: Mote Pillo

egg

Photo courtesy of @polo2593 on Instagram

Mote Pillo is a traditional Ecuadorian hominy and egg scramble, another excellent brunch dish. It’s considered one of the best comfort foods in the highlands and Sierra regions in Ecuador. Plus, it’s really easy and quick to make. The onion and garlic refrito base gives it a very distinct flavor that pairs really well with some hot coffee and fresh cheese slices.

11. Philippines: Kwek Kwek

egg

Photo courtesy of @irishhernandez1803 on Instagram

Because how could you not get excited to try authentic Filipino street food? Kwek Kwek is traditionally made from quail eggs, hard-boiled and deep fried in an orange tempura-like batter. If you want a bit of a kick, dip the fried balls into vinegar! The quail eggs may sound a little intimidating, but it only takes 10 minutes to make, and aren’t Americans all about deep-fried everything?

12. Scotland: Scotch Eggs

egg

Photo courtesy of @kerrie_ahern on Instagram

Scotch eggs consist of a hard-boiled egg wrapped in sausage meat, coated in breadcrumbs, and baked (or deep-fried) until crunchy and golden-brown. Dip into hot gravy sauces for next-level snacking. Do we even need to say more?

13. Britain: Eggnog

egg

Photo courtesy of @florafolk on Instagram

We always seem to forget about this one. Eggnog, though usually associated with the holidays and cozying up by the fire, is a perfectly acceptable year-round drink. The sweetness of the milk blends with the spices (cinnamon and nutmeg do really really well here), resulting in a delicious UK beverage.