Applebee's and IHOP are becoming an All-American team. For the first time ever, the two chains will be opening up a combination restaurant. It will be located in Detroit and is set to open late 2017, according to the Detroit Free Press.

Imagine ordering a stack of IHOP chocolate chip pancakes alongside a juicy Applebees' burger. I'm not opposed. The menu for this new combination restaurant is still in the works, so we don't know exactly which menu items from each chain are included. Executive Chairman for TEAM Schostak Family Restaurants, Mark Schostak told the Detroit Free Press:

"This is the first IHOP/Applebee's combo that’s ever been built anywhere. [The Schostak company] is proud to expand our portfolio by uniquely combining two nationally recognized and family-oriented brands."

IHOP purchased Applebee’s in 2007 for $2.1 billion, the Wall Street Journal reported. The two major American restaurant chains can benefit from this partnership as both chains have seen a decline in sales and slow growth year-over-year

IHOP is an American staple in breakfast foods, while Applebee's is your friendly neighborhood grill. A combination of the two is an American dream. Hopefully, this makes 2017 that much better.