A fresh, organic, fully prepared and locally-sourced lunch hand-delivered to you by a smiling server on a bicycle. You may think this is some sort of storybook fantasy pulled straight outta the 1950’s, but don’t be fooled. This scenario’s about as modern as it gets — and it’s something you need to know about.

App

Photo courtesy of @eat_feast on Instagram

Feast is one of the newest meal delivery services offered in Toronto, and it’s quickly becoming a hit among workers in the downtown area. After downloading the app, you’ll have a full-on menu at your fingertips and an Instagram-worthy lunch delivered to your office less than 20 minutes later.

App

If you’re a trendy Torontonian who claims to know everything about these up-and-coming, meals-on-wheels-type-businesses, think again. Feast is uniquely different. Rather than delivering food prepared in other restaurants like most of their competitors, Feast prepares everything themselves — in their own kitchen.

App

A cool part of Feast is that they have total control over where the ingredients come from and how they’re prepared.

App

And they’re not cutting any corners. Employees of Feast deal directly with local farmers and only use ingredients high in nutrients grown through sustainable farming practices. A sure-fire to make your co-worker feel terrible about that Big Mac and Pepsi they got for lunch.

App

Feast’s entire food philosophy — that’s right, they have a philosophy — revolves around promoting a healthy, local food ecosystem. And their philosophy’s not just limited to the food itself. In fact, Feast offers a 360º meal solution. They use completely compostable packaging, 100% green kitchen supplies, and they deliver the meals on bikes.

App

If they’re not using bikes (’cause you know, Canada’s not exactly the warmest place during winter) they use emission-free BMW electric cars. How many other food delivery services do you know that use emission-free BMW electric cars?

App

For Feast, it’s all about the customer’s experience. The user interface of the app’s easy to navigate, which allows you to easily see all the meals, desserts, and drinks that you can choose from.

App

And you have no chance of getting bored. Not only do they update their menu daily, but they also feature a variety of different flavours from all around the world. You’ll find dishes that combine Ontario-grown ingredients with flavours inspired by Latin America, India, North Africa, and Japan.

App

Plus, the ingredients are constantly changing depending on what’s in season since they’re locally-sourced. Heirloom carrots anyone?

App

One word of warning: you’re going to love it. And you’re going to want more. And they’ve got you covered. Right now they only operate during the lunch rush from 11:00am – 1:30pm on weekdays, but given their success, they have plans to expand to dinner service.

So for all your study sessions where you’re struggling between #NewYearsGoals and #treatyo’self, Feast’s got your back. You’ll be able to order a fully satisfying, yet completely healthy and ethical dinner, right to your door.

App

As students studying or working in the city, we often let our non-stop grinding, never-ending, constantly busy lives get in the way of what we eat.

Taking the time to sit down and enjoy a high quality, sustainable, home-cooked meal — even if it’s just during your lunch break — is central to Feast’s philosophy.

App

So put down that Pizza Pizza slice and start using Feast. You’ll thank yourself, and so will the earth. It’s a win-win situation.

App