With Valentine’s Day creeping closer, consider setting the right mood with delicious food. While we can’t quite condone cooking naked (too many potentially catastrophic burns), we can safely suggest some of the following aphrodisiac foods. Add these to your grocery list to woo your foodie valentine. If you’re single, look on the bright side: more chocolate for you.

Avocado

Aphrodisiac

Photo by Katherine Baker

In addition to their silky, luscious texture and rich flavor, avocados are full of vitamin E which aids the body in producing hormones like testosterone, progesterone and estrogen. Scoop ’em up.

Oysters

Aphrodisiac

Photo by Skyler Bouchard

Swallow these babies down to boost your zinc intake. Research has shown that oysters contain amino acids that trigger the production of sex hormones.

Chocolate

Aphrodisiac

Photo by Katherine Baker

Chocolate beats flowers for a number of reasons. First off, it’s delicious. Second, it won’t die. And third, studies show dark chocolate helps increase dopamine, a key neurotransmitter in the brain responsible for perceptions of pleasure. Oh, yum.

Chili Peppers

Aphrodisiac

Photo by Katherine Baker

Like it hot and spicy? Chili peppers have been shown to stimulate endorphins which put you in an overall good mood plus they increase heart rate which can stimulate arousal.

Bananas

Aphrodisiac

Photo by Katherine Baker

Is that breakfast, or are you just excited to see me? Bananas may increase testosterone production and they’re high in potassium and vitamin E which will help keep up energy levels and stamina.

Coffee

Aphrodisiac

Photo by Katherine Baker

Nothing says love like a latte. Caffeine increases heart rate and blood flow which can also help increase arousal.

Watermelon

Aphrodisiac

Photo by Katherine Baker

A totally appropriate Valentine’s day color, the pink color is a result of the fruit’s high lycopene content. Lycopene has been suggested to relax blood vessels and improve circulation. Perfection.

Whipped Cream

Aphrodisiac

Photo by Katherine Baker

No science here, but included for obvious reasons.