Dear Kaldi’s,

For all of the times you’ve kept me awake in class, for giving me a place to study for exams, for always being there for me after a long night at Mag’s, words cannot express the appreciation that I have for you.

But, like any healthy relationship, it's never all love all the time.

As a loyal customer, I feel obligated to tell you the things that will always seem to bother me about Kaldi’s and why many Emory students might describe their affair with Kaldi’s as a love/hate relationship.

When I wake up in the morning, all I want is a large iced latte that will last me through my morning class. Is that too much to ask?

I guess it must be, because while you kindly offer 3 sizes of hot coffee, we iced coffee drinkers are forced to accept the small size, which, let’s face it, is long gone before I even arrive at class.

coffee, espresso, mocha, milk, cappuccino, ice
Zoe Pinzon

We live in Hotlanta, so shouldn’t you be prioritizing iced coffee over hot coffee? If so, why do I feel the need to pay $4.75 for an iced coffee the size of a shot glass?

Your microscopic iced coffee cups are the sole reason that I have had to renew my Dooley Dollars so many times when I’ve only been at Emory for about a month (Sorry Mom and Dad).

I must say that my list of complaints ends there and I couldn’t live with myself if I didn’t acknowledge the best of Kaldi’s and why Emory Students, no matter how hard they try to resist, always seem to find themselves in line time and time again.

Your wide variety of coffee flavors, baked goods that seem to stare at you through the glass, and tempting late night menu, help to secure Kaldi’s place in every Emory student’s heart.

At the end of the day, if I’m going to gain the Freshman 15, I’m glad it’s from you.

Love,

An always grateful Emory student