Once you get past freshman year, college is a breeze. HA, kidding. But at least you kind of know what you're doing. You have your friends, you know where your classes are, you know which bars to avoid, and now, you finally have a place of your own where you don't have to wear shower shoes. Moving into your very first apartment is liberating. But, you're going to need to stock it with more than cereal and alcohol. Lucky for you, Amazon Prime Day starts today and basically everything you need to cook, eat and drink is on sale. From July 16 at 3 pm est to July 17 at 2:59 pm est, here are all the Amazon Prime Day deals you should snag for your very first apartment. 

Instant Pot

Amazon

Deal Time: All Prime Day

Get the Deal: Get an InstantPot for 35% Off

An InstantPot is kind of like a Crock-Pot in that it can slowly cook your food while you're in class, but it can also make your food faster. Hence the name, "Instant." Make everything from simple hard boiled eggs to a full cake in one of these babies. 

Ninja Blender

Amazon

Deal Time: All Prime Day

Get the Deal: Get the Ninja Professional 72oz Countertop Blender with 1000-Watt Base and Total Crushing Technology for Smoothies, Ice and Frozen Fruit, 44% off

Blend yourself a smoothie in the morning and a margarita at night. This Ninja blender is super powerful and can crush ice and frozen produce with ease. 

Keurig

Amazon

Deal Time: All Prime Day

Get the Deal: Save 40% on Keurig K-Cafe and Espresso Roast K-cups, 24 ct (like this Keurig K-Cafe Single-Serve K-Cup Coffee Maker + Milk Frother, Dark Charcoal)

Sure, you could get a regular Keurig and brew yourself a simple cup of coffee. Or, you could make barista quality drinks with a milk frother attached. Skip the morning line at Starbucks and sleep in a bit with this dual-gadget. 

Crock-Pot

Amazon

Deal Time: July 16, 10 pm est - July 18, 10:59 am est

Get the Deal: Save 20% on Crock-Pot 6-Qt Programmable Cook and Carry

Sunday Scaries are real, and the last thing you wanna do at the end of your week is spend hours meal prepping. Make life easier and meal prep your lunch or dinner for the week in a slow cooker while you watch Netflix. 

Calphalon Cookware

Amazon

Deal Time: July 16, 7 pm est to July 18, 2:55 am est

Get the Deal: Save 30% off Calphalon Cookware (like this Calphalon Classic Stainless Steel Cookware Set, 10-Piece Set for $139.99)

Good pans are underrated. These ones are safe for the stove, oven, broiler, and dishwasher, and the covers have straining holes so you don't have to transfer your food to a strainer (unless you're blanching it, of course).  

Knife Set

Amazon

Deal Time: July 16, 10 pm est to July 18, 9:59 am est

Get the Deal: Save 20% off Cuisinart (like this Cuisinart C77SS-15PK 15-Piece Stainless Steel Hollow Handle Block Set)

Having a good, sharp knife set is essential. Sharper knives are actually safer than dull knives because they'll cut right through your food and are less likely to slip off and cut your finger. 

Toaster

Amazon

Deal Time: July 16, 10 pm est - July 18 9:59 am, est

Get the Deal: Save 20% on an Oster 2-Slice Toaster

Just to be clear, microwaved bread is not toast. It's warm bread. You can make your avocado toast or several variations a lot easier (and faster) with a toaster. 

Plates

Amazon

Deal Time: All Prime Day

Get the Deal: Save up to 30% off AmazonBasics (like the AmazonBasics 6-Piece Dinner Plate Set

Paper plates might prevent you from having to do the dishes, but a ceramic plate set is better. Real plates are not only more environmentally friendly, but they're somewhere on the list of "basic things adults use." 

Flatware

Amazon

Deal Time: All Prime Day

Get the Deal: Save up to 30% off AmazonBasics (like the AmazonBasics 20-Piece Stainless Steel Flatware Set with Round Edge, Service for 4)

Plastic silverware has a time and place. Get yourself a real, stainless steel set for when you're not eating takeout or at a birthday party. 

Clear Food Containers

Amazon

Deal Time: July 16, 10 pm est - July 18, 9:59 am est

Get the Deal: Save 30% on OXO Pop Container Set

Organizing your food in these clear containers will save you money in the long run. Your food will not only last longer, thanks to their airtight seal, but you'll be able to see all of your snacks lined up so you remember to eat what you have before you buy more.  

Stocking your kitchen with baller tools and appliances will make you excited to cook your own meals, which is not only good for your wallet, but also for your health.

Of course, filling your fridge, freezer and pantry with healthy snacks and food is important, too, though. Check out this grocery list filled with the basics and beyond to keep your meal prep game on point.

Disclaimer: This article contains affiliate links, from which Spoon University may earn a commission. The presence of these links does not imply an endorsement of any product or service. Price and stock may change after publication date.