At the start of the new year, I always try to come up with a list of goals I want to accomplish over the next 12 months. Most years, “read more books” is at the top of that list. But as the year progresses, it’s usually hard to find the time to read for fun.

Classes, clubs, and other commitments get in the way, and by December, I realize that I’ve barely made a dent in the pile of books I wanted to read. That’s why I’m signing up for an Audible membership in 2022, and you should too! Here’s why:

Sustainable, Affordable, and Easy to Use

Audible is the perfect gift for busy college students because it makes it easy to listen to all of your favorite audiobooks, no matter how hectic your schedule is this semester!

If you’re a fellow bookworm, you know that physical books can be pricey. At $20 or more per copy, it’s not always possible to run to the store for the latest title on your list. Audible gives you access to an endless library of audiobooks, so you can listen guilt-free. Plus, it’s way more sustainable than constantly buying paper books you may only read once. Saving money, helping the planet, and tackling your reading list? Yes, please!

Thousands of Books At Your Fingertips

Amazon.com

By signing up for an Audible membership in 2022, you’ll have access to a library that rivals Belle’s in Beauty and the Beast. Audible is up to date on the latest releases, with new titles like State of Terror by Hillary Clinton and Louise Penny available to enjoy! Plus, you’ll have access to an amazing assortment of your favorite TV and film crossovers, such as The Queen's Gambit by Walter Tevis and Nine Perfect Strangers by Liane Moriarty. 

Talented Narrators and Exclusive Celebrity Editions

Amazon.com

Audible audiobooks make on-the-go listening so engaging with their assortment of talented narrators and even some celebrity features! Nothing makes me tune out faster than a boring storyteller, but I’ve never had that problem with Audible. One of my personal favorites is Anne Hathaway narrating The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum. Who wouldn’t want to hear the “Princess of Genovia” read a classic, beloved story?

Listen While You Drive, Work, and More

I love playing audiobooks in the background while I work and cook. The ability to multitask makes me feel so much more productive during the day and motivates me to stay on task. Audiobooks are also a great change of pace for when you want to switch up your playlist (ahem, when you’ve listened to the ten-minute version of “All Too Well” one too many times).

If you’re not sure how to reach your 2022 reading goals, an Audible membership is the secret to success!

As an Amazon Associate, Spoon University earns from qualifying purchases.