Almond butter is my favorite food. Ever. Whether it's smearing it on a banana at breakfast or spooning it out of the container at 2am coming home from a night out, almond butter is the perfect healthy yet satisfying snack.  

If you have ever been to Whole Foods, you'll know that there is one magical aisle where they keep the hundreds of jars of almond butter. While this may be overwhelming, I have tried most of the almond butters at WF and can give you a definitive ranking of the 5 best types they offer.

5. Whole Foods' Freshly Ground Almond Butter

Overall Rating: 3/5

The Whole Foods' "make your own" almond butter is pretty tasty. It contains only one ingredient: almonds. I'm ranking this one a little lower because it is extremely thick. But, don't let my opinion stop you - it is very flavorful and is also a tad less expensive than the other almond butters sold in a jar.

Inexpensive + delicious = count me in.

4. MaraNatha All Natural Almond Butter - Creamy

Overall Rating: 4/5

MaraNatha almond butter is very similar in taste to the 365 brand; however, this almond butter is raw and GMO free - score! This almond butter has no added salt or sugar and has a very creamy taste. It is definitely worth trying if you haven't already.

3. Barney Almond Butter - Smooth

Overall Rating: 4.4/5

Barney Butter is an all natural almond butter made with Premium California Almonds. It's a delicious treat that is very rich in flavor, with a texture more like peanut butter (it is super creamy). #perfect4appledipping

As an added bonus, this almond butter is made in a "peanut-free facility," so if you're allergic to peanuts, this is the almond butter for you.

2. 365 Almond Butter - Crunchy

beer, tea, coffee
Paige Tuchner

Overall Rating: 4.6/5

If you are #TeamCrunchy, this is the almond butter for you.

This almond butter from 365, Whole Foods' private label, has only one ingredient: dry roasted almonds. There is no question that roasting the almonds really brings out the nutty and sweet flavor. If your previous go-to butter was peanut butter, you will find the consistency a lot thinner than what you're used to.

As with the majority of nut butters, there is oil separation in this almond butter. Luckily, 365 kindly gives you "extra room to stir." With a good spoon, you'll be in the clear.

1. Justin's Almond Butter - Maple

Overall Rating: 5/5

Justin's Maple Almond Butter is the best almond butter at Whole Foods. With only four ingredients (Dry Roasted Almonds, Maple Sugar, Palm Oil and Sea Salt), the spread is the perfect balance between sweet and salty. While the consistency is a bit dense, the rich taste and nutrient packed jar of heaven is the perfect snack food.

#SpoonTip: watch out, this stuff is highly addictive.

Overall

No matter which almond butter you choose, Whole Foods offers many different options that will satisfy the tastes and budgets of any almond butter-lover. No matter which brand you choose, you'll definitely be left satisfied. Indulge, and enjoy.