Tax Day is admittedly only exciting if you're getting a big tax return deposited in your checking account. If you're one of those celebrating, listen to your grandma and be sure not to spend it all at once. Check out these food freebies and deals happening today so you can save the majority of your money for the things you really want in life, like a Soul Cycle package or a flight to visit a friend (or rent, ugh). 

twenty, 20, bill, cash, money, Pay, dollar
Caroline Ingalls

Boston Market

Today only, get a half chicken meal with two sides and cornbread, and a regular fountain beverage for only $10.40. No coupon necessary, just walk in and order!

Bruegger's Bagels

Head to Bruegger's for a Big Bagel Bundle for only $10.40 today. It comes with 13 bagels and two tubs of cream cheese to last you well through the weekend. 

Firehouse Subs

Get a free medium-sized sub (like their new reuben!) when you purchase another full-priced medium or large sub, chips and drink combo today through April 19. You'll need this coupon, though. 

Great American Cookie Company

The cookie company is continuing its Tax Day tradition by giving out free Cookies & Cream cookies to customers who stop by today, April 17. Unfortunately, only one cookie per customer. 

Hungry Howie's

Today only a one-topping medium pizza is only 15 cents (!!!) with the purchase of another one-topping large pizza. Order online and use the code "TAXDAY." (This works for online carry-out orders only FYI.)

McDonald's

Use the McD's app today and get a 10-piece Chicken McNugget for only $1.48. 

Noodles & Company

Order your noods online and use the code "TAXDAY18" to get $4 off your purchase of $10 or more. 

Piada Italian Street Food

Try out Piada's new spring menus starting today, and get a free giant blackberry lemonade with any purchase. 

Potbelly Sandwich Shop

Download Potbelly's app and sign up for Potbelly Perks to get free sandwich today (they're giving away up to 75,000 sandwiches!). If you're already a perks member, you'll receive a BOGO coupon that will be waiting for you in the app today. 

Quizno's

Become a Toasty Points Loyalty app member and get 10.40 percent off all purchases today, including catering if you're really looking to whoop it up. Also, if you're just downloading the app today for the first time, you'll receive a free 4-inch sub. 

Schlotzsky's

Get a free small original sandwich when you purchase chips and a drink today. Just mention the deal at the register when you order!

Sonic

Participating locations are selling half-price single patty cheeseburgers all day today (you can get up to five cheeseburgers at this price).  

White Castle

Get 15 percent your entire order when you order in-store. Just think about how many sliders you can get on the cheap!