In the past few months, you’ve definitely heard about the outrageous milkshakes at Black Tap in New York City. They’re giant, covered in candy and other sweets, and cost $15. And they are highly Instagrammable.

calories

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

The reviews of these milkshakes are mixed. Some claim that they’re just as good as they look, while others claim that it’s all just hype.

As I’m sure you can guess, these shakes are quite high in calories. Roughly 1600 calories a drink, to be specific. And we’re not here to tell you whether or not these shakes are worth the money and calories, but we are here to put things in a bit of perspective.

So, here are some examples of the food you could eat for the same caloric value as a singular Black Tap milkshake:

35 Oreos

Photo by Christine Pritula

Imagine all the dunking possibilities. And all that Oreo cream.

7 Hot Fudge Sundae Poptarts

Photo by Anna Celeste Harrer

No, do you want a milkshake? Or do you want an entire ice cream sundae stuffed inside a warm gooey breakfast?

14 Bowls of Cheerios

Photo by Jessica Payne

This high volume of Cheerios would keep you heart healthy for years. You’re welcome.

8 Slices of Domino’s Pizza

Photo courtesy of thestreet.com

Or, you know, an entire pie of Domino’s pizza. Think about how sick that would make you, and now imagine a milkshake of that caliber.

11 Cans of Coke

Photo courtesy of huffpost.com

Coke is often advertised as one of the most unhealthy things you can put into your. Well, these milkshakes are equivalent to almost a dozen cans of it.

6 Klondike Bars

Photo courtesy of pinterest.com

What would you do for a Klondike bar? Now, what would you do for six of them?

18 Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups

Photo courtesy of pinterest.com

Everyone knows that peanut butter and chocolate is the ultimate and most classic dessert combo. Stick to simplicity.

34 McDonald’s Chicken Nuggets

Photo courtesy of o.aolcdn.com

Almost six entire Mighty Kids Meals. You could get so many free toys for this.

7 Containers of Kraft Easy Mac

Photo by Amanda Shulman

Any college student would regret inhaling this much Easy Mac in one sitting, just like they might very well regret inhaling a Black Tap milkshake.

6 Pints of Halo Top Ice Cream

Photo by Meredith Davin

If you lived solely off Halo Top ice cream for a day, you would still eat less than this.

16 Cans of Coors Light

Photo by Sharon Cho

You’ve heard that alcohol and crappy beer play a big roles in contributing to the freshman fifteen, and giant candy-covered milkshakes probably don’t help either.

30 Chips Ahoy Cookies

Photo courtesy of feelyourbest.com

Chocolate chip cookie milkshake, or thirty actual chocolate chip cookies?

16 Vodka Sodas

Photo by Stephanie DeVaux

This many vodka sodas could very well kill you, so we don’t recommend it. But the matching levels of sugar and calories in a Black Tap shake definitely aren’t awesome for you, either.

13 Rice Krispie Treats

Photo by Amanda Shulman

There is something so fun and satisfying about making your own Rice Krispie Treats, much more satisfying than gorging yourself on blended ice cream.

9 Taco Bell Doritos Locos Tacos

Photo by Brandon Slover

Yes, you could be in a taco coma for the same amount of calories as a shake.

23 Dunkin Donuts Munchkins

Photo courtesy of tripadvisor.com

Inhale half a box of munchkins and then let us know if that was a good idea.

11 Twinkies

Photo courtesy of themedifastplan.com

Twinkies are artificial enough to withstand basically anything, and there are almost a dozen in that shake you’re about to drink.

160 M&Ms

Photo by Kelley Buck

I think by now you get the point.

So, you decide.

calories

Photo courtesy of giphy.com