Aduna, an Africa-inspired health and beauty brand, in one of the #spoonsnacks sponsors for our December health event. Aduna is providing us with two new super ingredients, brought to the UK from rural Africa. These products, Baobab and Moringa, have some serious health benefits and aren’t just a new trend. Aduna products aim to promote wellness and beauty, and both of their super ingredients leave customers feeling happy and healthy.

Baobab

Aduna African healthy beauty

Photo courtesy of aduna.com

Baobab is the only known fruit in the world that dries on the branch, and it is an amazing source of vitamin C, calcium, potassium,  and thiamin (B1). It contains 50% fibre, is a source of vitamin B6, and has one of the highest antioxidant capacities in the world (more than blueberries and pomegranates combined). All of these nutrients jam-packed inside this little fruit do amazing things for your immune system, metabolism, and skin. If all that wasn’t enough, another amazing thing about these fruits is that they aren’t grown on private plantations. Each Boabab tree is owned by a community, and grows and flourishes with the help of the people who live there. Boabab is available through Aduna as a raw powder or energy bar, but they also have tons of recipes that utilize Baobab’s flavors.  My personal favorite recipe is Boabab Banana Pancakes with Chocolate Sauce. These are dangerously delicious, you have been warned.

Aduna African healthy beauty

Photo courtesy of aduna.com

Moringa

Aduna African healthy beauty

Photo courtesy of aduna.com

This raw powder is made from the naturally dried leaves of the moringa tree. Native to Africa and Asia, the residents refer to the moringa tree as ‘Miracle Tree’. This amazing powder contains 25% protein (including all 9 amino acids), 31% fibre and 6 essential vitamins and minerals at ‘source’ or ‘rich source’ levels (meaning the levels are more than 30%). Moringa has an earthy, spinachy taste and is perfect for sprinkling on salads and soups, or sticking in smoothies. Because of how nutrient-dense this superfood is, it’s recommended to start with 1/2 a teaspoon a day, eventually reaching 2-4. Moringa has benefits for digestive health, energy release, stress levels, and skin. Moringa is also available through Aduna as either a powder or raw energy bar, or you can add it as an ingredient in your next juice cleanse. Try out this delicious green juice made with moringa: Moringa Green Juice.

Aduna African healthy beauty

Photo courtesy of aduna.com

Both of these super foods have tons of health benefits, and you can go on Aduna’s website to find lots of recipes that use them in some tasty treats. Boabab and Moringa are highly recommended as something to add to your daily diet. So get excited for some #boabablove coming your way this Saturday.