“We elves try to stick to the four main food groups:
candy, candy canes, candy corns and syrup.”

elf eating

Photo from POPSUGAR

Next to Santa, Buddy the Elf comes in close second for the most loved holiday character. His beaming passion for people and more importantly, food, make him incredibly lovable. With the holidays just around the corner, I only thought it appropriate to pay tribute to Buddy, our sugar-obsessed, candy-fanatic, life-sized elf.

How can you adopt Buddy’s candy-filled diet and stick to the four main food groups? Here are our fave ideas. After all, carbs are important, right?

Candy

Fruity. Chocolate-y, Sweet, Sour, Salty. This food group is so broad it ought to shoot you over the moon with excitement.

Photo By Kathryn Stouffer

• Left over Halloween candy? Bag of Kit Kats on sale at CVS? Crush them up over a nice creamy bowl of ice cream.
  • Sprinkle some peanut m&ms into your popcorn.
  • Try all of these things that taste better covered in chocolate.
  • Make some gourmet puppy chow that will blow everyone’s mind.

Candy Canes

A peppermint in a fun shape. You can eat it, decorate with it or drop it in a drink. (See more ideas below)

Photo By Kathryn Stouffer

Candy Corns

Usually considered the quintessential Halloween candy, candy corn has passed Buddy’s exams for Christmas-worthy food.

Photo By Kathryn Stouffer

Syrup

Maple syrup is like liquid gold, or at least liquid sugar. Confession: It’s surprisingly delicious when the syrup atop your pancakes invades the space for eggs on your breakfast plate. Trust my taste buds here.

Photo By Kathryn Stouffer

• None of that Aunt Jemima business, Buddy only eats the best, pure maple syrup. Straight from the tree. Pour it over pancakes, in oatmeal, or as seen in the movie, spaghetti…
  • Syrup + bacon (sweet and salty heaven).

If you think this is phony and are an anti-sugarist, you will most likely be put on Santa’s naughty list, and Buddy will say:

60918

Photo from POPSUGAR

Happy feasting!