“We elves try to stick to the four main food groups:
candy, candy canes, candy corns and syrup.”
Next to Santa, Buddy the Elf comes in close second for the most loved holiday character. His beaming passion for people and more importantly, food, make him incredibly lovable. With the holidays just around the corner, I only thought it appropriate to pay tribute to Buddy, our sugar-obsessed, candy-fanatic, life-sized elf.
How can you adopt Buddy’s candy-filled diet and stick to the four main food groups? Here are our fave ideas. After all, carbs are important, right?
Fruity. Chocolate-y, Sweet, Sour, Salty. This food group is so broad it ought to shoot you over the moon with excitement.
- Left over Halloween candy? Bag of Kit Kats on sale at CVS? Crush them up over a nice creamy bowl of ice cream.
- Sprinkle some peanut m&ms into your popcorn.
- Try all of these things that taste better covered in chocolate.
- Make some gourmet puppy chow that will blow everyone’s mind.
A peppermint in a fun shape. You can eat it, decorate with it or drop it in a drink. (See more ideas below)
- Drop one of those suckers in your next steaming mug of hot cocoa to turn it into a crisp peppermint chocolate treat.
- Crush over peppermint ice cream.
- Snack on these tasty health facts about peppermint.
- Adorn a refreshing cup of frozen hot chocolate.
- Need more ideas? Check out this article for 10 do-it-yourself candy cane recipes.
Usually considered the quintessential Halloween candy, candy corn has passed Buddy’s exams for Christmas-worthy food.
- Make corn on the cob with these sweets, telling your mom you ate your veggies.
- Try peppermint candy corn for a twist on this classic fall candy.
- Make candy corn jello shots.
- Munch on some candy corn peppermint patties! Yum.
Maple syrup is like liquid gold, or at least liquid sugar. Confession: It’s surprisingly delicious when the syrup atop your pancakes invades the space for eggs on your breakfast plate. Trust my taste buds here.
- None of that Aunt Jemima business, Buddy only eats the best, pure maple syrup. Straight from the tree. Pour it over pancakes, in oatmeal, or as seen in the movie, spaghetti…
- Syrup + bacon (sweet and salty heaven).
If you think this is phony and are an anti-sugarist, you will most likely be put on Santa’s naughty list, and Buddy will say: